Unofficial Mills

Ask TOTDS Anything!

Any chance of the "Selling stories to the newspapers" game returning? It'd be funny to hear Beccy trying to do that, and probably failing.

And what about the International relations game, or whatever it was called; Breaking down stereotypes!

The poster formerly known as Robbo

Is Innuendo Bingo coming back? There was no bleeping needed on that, as it was really up to the listeners to interpret the dirtiness of what people were saying. I admit it got somewhat desperate towards the end, but still had its funny bits :)

Also, are you planning on doing any cameos like Scott has? You'd be perfect for non speaking roles!

Hi TOWDS :hi:

if you could live with a celeb for a week who would you choose ?

what is your favorite song ?

how much say do the DJ's have over what music is played on there show ?

continued from question above, i would like to hear more of the DJ's favorite music what are the chances of this happening ?

as a producer of radio shows, which DJ would you most have liked to work with (retired DJ i suppose) ?

do the BBC or R1 have any radio archive of The Kenny Everett Radio-1 shows ?

if the answer to the above question is YES, what are the chances of it getting played ?

do you like Resse's Peanut Butter Cups ?

when doing Scott's show do you ever think "oh no, what did he say that for !!!" "we're in trouble now" ?

can you say hi to Edith for me :D ?

thank you for taking the time to read & respond to my questions Alan :)

:)

And just because you mentioned it...What does Matt Fincham have for lunch? :D

It varies. He and Beccy are into sharing some packs of ham, pitta, and humous at the moment. On Fridays though he tries to get everyone to order pizzas.

Well, you did ask!

Regarding Badly Bleeped TV, because it was actually brilliant, could you not record it as a podcast only extra?

I have thought of that. We couldn't put it on our podcast because we can only put stuff broadcast on our show on that.

I did think about doing the feature every so often just for you guys to have on this site. But it can take about 3 hours to find and edit all the bits for one episode and that's 3 hours I don't actually have at the moment!

This is probably the first real anoraky question anyone's asked. Is there any chance we'll ever get to hear clean versions of the talk-over beds? Even the ones that haven't been used in a couple of years!

Also, whatever happened to "Beccy's Got Talent?"

When you say "hear clean versions" it's unlikely we'd ever play them in full on the show! Unless Scott totally runs out of things to say! Why on earth do you want them clean? I can have a word and see what I can dig out for you though. ;)

Beccy's Got Talent is coming up! It's called What's Beccy's Forte? at the moment. I'm thinking it might be knife throwing!

Emlyn,

What brand of shampoo do you use?

I use whatever's in the bathroom at the time.

:yeahthat:

Also any chance of an update on any of the past ones? Like the little girl who met McFly.

Will Flirt Divert ever come back?

Awwww...she was lovely, wasn't she? You never know.

Not got plans for Flirt Divert to return at the moment. People kinda cottoned onto it I think. Maybe with a new number things could be different but there could also be "current climate" issues with this one.

Any chance of the "Selling stories to the newspapers" game returning? It'd be funny to hear Beccy trying to do that, and probably failing.

And what about the International relations game, or whatever it was called; Breaking down stereotypes!

A few newspapers weren't too happy with that game because they got a lot of copycat callers wasting their time with Amy Winehouse on UFO sightings!

I did quite like the stereotypes game. And the Pierre game. Although it went a bit wrong when we asked for Hans in Germany and he'd died! I do think we did help bring the people of the world together as one though. Just for a few minutes anyway.

Is Innuendo Bingo coming back? There was no bleeping needed on that, as it was really up to the listeners to interpret the dirtiness of what people were saying. I admit it got somewhat desperate towards the end, but still had its funny bits :)

Also, are you planning on doing any cameos like Scott has? You'd be perfect for non speaking roles!

If there's ever an opportunity for an innuendo filled gag on the show I'll give you one. :confused:

I'm hoping I don't make a cameo in this Hoff programme on Monday night. They did do some filming in the studio but I'm sure I'll have ended up on the cutting room floor.

* When will Flirt divert be back

* Will things such as MouseTrap MineField, and the waterballoon bombings return?

*Can scott play weezer beverly hills "or" buddy holly in The W/Ys

*Can we get more jingles

*Can you stop playing N-Dubz.

*Dunno

*Unlikely. We need new pain!

*Yes

*What sort?

*Nope!

Hi TOWDS :hi:

if you could live with a celeb for a week who would you choose ?

what is your favorite song ?

how much say do the DJ's have over what music is played on there show ?

continued from question above, i would like to hear more of the DJ's favorite music what are the chances of this happening ?

as a producer of radio shows, which DJ would you most have liked to work with (retired DJ i suppose) ?

do the BBC or R1 have any radio archive of The Kenny Everett Radio-1 shows ?

if the answer to the above question is YES, what are the chances of it getting played ?

do you like Resse's Peanut Butter Cups ?

when doing Scott's show do you ever think "oh no, what did he say that for !!!" "we're in trouble now" ?

can you say hi to Edith for me :D ?

thank you for taking the time to read & respond to my questions Alan :)

1. Mr T

2. Today it's Dyslexic Heart by Paul Westerberg. Yesterday it was the new Calvin Harris one.

3. Not a lot. Of the daytime DJs Jo has the most free reign.

4. Slim. Although if we really want to play something we can. But it needs to be something relevant. There's no point in daytime DJs getting self indulgent on a contemporary music station like R1.

5. I'm not really a big radio anorak who worships at the alter of old DJs. I've been lucky enough to work with a varied selection but I don't dream of working with old "legends". I generally dream of cheese.

6. I'm sure there's a dusty room somewhere with such things.

7. Not likely on R1 but elsewhere on the BBC I'm sure they might crop up.

8. Yes. And Peanut Butter M&Ms are great too but I don't think you can get them over here.

9. There have been moments. I'm not good at hiding my thoughts about links. I have a very expressive face. Normally when I'm banging my head on the desk he knows he shouldn't have said something!

10. Certainly.

11. A pleasure.

If you were to do show and tell what would you show?

I would show something really quite bizarre. I can't tell you what it is yet because it will form part of tomorrow's Oh What's Occurring. Sorry to be cryptic!

Other than that I'd bring in a pencil sharpener.

Roughly about how many texts do you get during a show?

A few thousand. It depends on what we've been doing. If we ask for texts on something you get a heck of a lot more. Obviously. Roughly about 5000 though I'd say.

I have thought of that. We couldn't put it on our podcast because we can only put stuff broadcast on our show on that.

I did think about doing the feature every so often just for you guys to have on this site. But it can take about 3 hours to find and edit all the bits for one episode and that's 3 hours I don't actually have at the moment!

Why is it broadcast only? Moyles does extra bits, so do Adam and Joe...

and if you don't have time to do it you could give me a job :D

Why is it broadcast only? Moyles does extra bits, so do Adam and Joe...

and if you don't have time to do it you could give me a job :D

If I recall it's because they have to be broadcasted in the morning just before Greg James. Otherwise it goes against Beeb regulations for podcasts.

Really? I nicked the feature recently for a quiz night I was doing and used 5 clips - they took me around 3-5 minutes each to find off the iPlayer, bleep out a suitable word and save! Had everyone laughing too, so I can't have done that bad! I know you have to spend slightly longer than that for broadcast, but even so. :)

Also, very geeky - but I'd like the beds. Don't know why.

And, I believe you can have 10% new material too.