Unofficial Mills

Ask TOTDS Anything!

Hi friends

As you know I lurk here quite a lot to see what my favourite geeks are talking about.

So I thought I should talk to you more here...as I don't do any of that on the actual radio! ;)

So feel free to throw my way any questions, comments, suggestions, praise, abuse - actually, forget the abuse, be constructive!

Anything from "Bring back OWO, you *******!" to "What does Matt Fincham have for lunch?"

I'll try to answer as many as I can and I'll even get his orange Lordship to do the same.

:) Emlyn

Cue that awkward silence at the end of the meeting..."Anybody got any questions?"

"Er..."

Any chance of RAOK coming back??

That's a bit of a BBC minefield at the moment. I think it's possible but there are so many more new rules and guidelines which I think would prevent us from simply seeing a nice email from a deserving person and just sorting it out.

They were always good for ruining people's make-up though, weren't they?

Zane Lowe has a pre-show ritual warm-up. What does the Scott Mills team do before the show?

We drink lots of hot beverages and someone usually says the words "Are we on AGAIN?!"

YOU HAVE A NAME?

Yes!

That was an easy one!

Have we seen the end of badly bleeped tv?

and what happened to the kids in kids and old people?

Thanks

BBTV was one of my absolute favourite things we've ever done.

I still snigger in a childish fashion when I think of the people on Bargain Hunt who'd visited Krakov!

Sadly though it's now bitten the dust. :( It's become a victim of what people are describing as "the current climate". You may notice that you don't hear bleeps at all on R1 anymore, whether they're covering swear words or unwitting Countryfile presenters.

As for the kids off of The Kids & Old People, we should certainly get them back on I think.

Is Scott banned from putting a lisp on ever again?

YES!!!! :shock:

Heylo there TOTDS!!!

As Beccy is rubbish, although hilarious at pranking Chappers, any chance of roping someone else in to do the job? Or just to prank Scott as he seems to be getting let off!

Imagine Matt Fincham haha

Beccy is particularly bad at those calls and I really like that. She's kind of re-invented the whole Prank Call genre... the "utterly rubbish prank that nobody falls for"!

I think there's a lot more fun to be had in Chappers telling someone else what to say - did you hear poor Fiona with the dodgy accent trying to convince Beccy she was Dervla Kerwan off Ballykissangel?

Oh, and speaking of the Finchmeister, now that the Apprentice is back on we'll need to return to telling him who got fired before he's watched it!

Beccy is particularly bad at those calls and I really like that. She's kind of re-invented the whole Prank Call genre... the "utterly rubbish prank that nobody falls for"!

Yeah she is amazing at them. Never fails to make me laugh! Something she needs to practice not doing lol. Can't wait until she actually fools him, I have faith! Chappers would be so gutted!

I think there's a lot more fun to be had in Chappers telling someone else what to say - did you hear poor Fiona with the dodgy accent trying to convince Beccy she was Dervla Kerwan off Ballykissangel?

Yeah she had one of the worst dodgy accents ever! He should get Pippa to do one, she would be rubbish!

Oh, and speaking of the Finchmeister, now that the Apprentice is back on we'll need to return to telling him who got fired before he's watched it!

Yeah I loved that the other year, he gets so upset! Poor Matt always being picked on! Hopefully he misses one again, but I doubt he will speak to Beccy again that day! ;)

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Are you going to the Edinburgh Fringe? If so will you be the first non-speaking act?

I'm sure I wouldn't be the first - in fact I'm sure I've seen a few mime artists trying to convince me they're stuck behind an invisible wall on Princes Street over the years!

I'm all for trips to Edinburgh though.

I have a request for The Wonder Years Hard to Beat , Hard Fi.

Edit: Also, is Scott thinking of patenting the colour 'Scott Mills Orange'? Think it could be a real money spinner for him.......then he wouldn't have to go out and do all those student gigs at the weekend. Worked for Jay-Z with his own shade of blue.

I'll have a word with him about the colour. I'm currently trying to patent the colour TOTDS Pasty.

Will pass on the Wonder Years suggestion. Feel free to email Scott if you think of an amazing song we've not played for ages on the Wonder Years. It all helps when he's sat at home in his smoking jacket and slippers pouring over his Guinness Book Of Hit Singles!

Is this a one off, or are you planning to visit UM and answer geeky questions a little more often?

I'll be here for all geeky enquiries as often as I can. Which I hope will be quite a lot!

Why did My name is Scott just fade away in the end? I want more of them, even if Scott doesn't!

MNIS (every feature needs an acronym) had a bit of a shelf life I think. He's not actually been that horrible recently either, has he? Or am I just forgetting some heinous crimes?

Let me know, could be interesting!

MNIS (every feature needs an acronym) had a bit of a shelf life I think. He's not actually been that horrible recently either, has he? Or am I just forgetting some heinous crimes?

He doesn't come on here enough, thats more than enough excuse for a reprisal of MNIS :P

Nik B.

Born to Toads.