Unofficial Mills

Google Maps Street View

E*F*4L

:shock: my house is on it :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7952317.stm

http://maps.google.co.uk/

you have to pick up he little Yellow man in the top left of the window & some of the roads will light up Blue, drag the Yellow man on to one of the Blue roads & then just click on the arrows.

UK CITIES ON STREET VIEW

Aberdeen

Belfast

Birmingham

Bradford

Bristol

Cambridge

Cardiff

Coventry

Derby

Dundee

Edinburgh

Glasgow

Leeds

Liverpool

London

Oxford

Manchester

Newcastle

Norwich

Nottingham

Scunthorpe

Sheffield

Southampton

Swansea

York

also the surrounding areas of some of the cities listed above

:)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My housemate just came in to tell me about this. I found my house! I guess they took the photo in summer cos some of the windows are open. I'm surprised they managed to find a sunny day to take it on.

Quote from my housemate:

"I could go into town today. Or I could explore it on Google StreetView while doing some online shopping."

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

:shock: my house is on it :shock:

Have you really only just discovered this Google service Alan? They've been watching you for quite some time I'm afraid!;)

Picture of our place makes me feel a little sad, as the boyf's beloved convertible, which was trashed on my Birthday is in the driveway. Quite an old picture then.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

That was cool. I havent been there so its cool to see on google.

Dublin on satellite view doesnt look too different than American cities.

That picture thetrick posted looks exactly like Washington DC actually. that is what DC looks like hehe

I've looked at Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Cairo, and Sydney on google too.

virtual world travel

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

whats this talk about dc. maybe it's because im on the old windows xp outdated computer at the radio station. but i can't see the button to see the street view at all so far, i have noticed that they have updated the ariel shots though. the england flag from the last world cup has gone, and the drive has been done with my car now on it! the street view might not be for me though as i live in a cul de sac and not on a main road.

on the grid.

i don't think there is any real invasion of privacy from it, nobody complains about the above view & the only people who would recognize you on there would be people who already know you & it's far less intrusive as what the government want to do, with DNA databases, CCTV & GPS tracking of cars.

i have been chatting to a few people & they seem to remember things from last summer, also some other websites noticed the cars with cameras last summer driving around & with a few cars it wouldn't take long to get the images, but thy would have been done in layers & at separate times with maybe weeks in between depending on the route so some things fit & others don't.

they would have used facial & numberplate recognition software to remove faces & numberplate's, there is a car over the road from me & it has a German plate & that's hasn't been blurred out.

Some of the views in Manchester, have been taking on different days. For example, if you go down near the university, it was taken on a really dull day, but if you go into the city centre, they were taken early morning (no shops open, or people on the streets) blue skies etc.

507033771.183.1247039672.png