Unofficial Mills

Old Podcasts

mickvose

Hi guy

was just wondering if any one had or knew were i could find back copies of the podcast. I had over a years worth on my pc in my itune director but then my pc up and broke and i lost them all!!!! Hope some one can help me out because i love listening to the old scott and teams podcasts on the way to uni!

cheers

Mike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why aren't all old podcasts posted on the site, just like on the Chris Moyles fansite, where I recently found a podcast archive (when looking for old daily podcasts from Scott)? Hope someone still has all of them since Scott started with his daily podcast. They could be put together by month or year and then uploaded on rapidshare or a similar site, so everyone can simply download them.

Well we've always kept the best bits in the archive which we felt was adequate. I guess we could build up a podcast archive.

Yeah that would be fab actually since I had years worth of podcasts until my itunes screwed up and messed with my ipod! I had to wipe the ipod to get it working again and I lost everything, it was a sad, sad day :(

its not that its not, its just that i listen to the podcast because there handy to listen to the way to uni, or the gym etc where with the clips you have to be able to sit down and devote time to listen to them which most people prob dont have time to. An archive would just be a wkd way for people to get even more of the scott and the team and their is nothing more frustrating than having ur collection of podcast be deleted :-(!

I've taken on board your comments and I'm currently uploading what I have at home on to the Unofficial Mills server:

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/local_links.php

However, I don't have half enough to keep you all happy yet so please if any geeks have any more podcasts let me know.

Available from tomorrow.

I have a lot on my iPod, if I can work out how to get them back to my PC how do I send them to you Jono?

Are they not already in your iTunes? I imagine it's quite difficult to get them off your iPod otherwise.

I just want to say thanks so much to jono and everyone, when I asked I didn't expect the response I got to this thread so thanks so much! If anyone is going to send them to jono I know you can access your downloaded podcasts from iTunes library in program files if I remember right x

Apologies it seems this is taking longer than I had hoped. Seems to be very intensive on my internet connection at the moment. I still have 57 uploading which will take a while. I have hidden the podcasts that are still to be uploaded so you can listen through the ones already online.

Are they not already in your iTunes? I imagine it's quite difficult to get them off your iPod otherwise.

Once I put them on my iPod I delete them from iTunes :( I know there is a program out there that lets you bring music back from your iPod so it might let me bring the podcasts back too. I will investigate that over the weekend......

glitzy.jpg

Thanks for this Jono,

If anyone wants to know how to get podcasts of your iPod then I think this should work:

On windows: goto 'My Computer' , right-click your iPod. Then, select Tools Folder Options. This takes you to Control Panel Folder Options. Select the View tab and check 'show hidden files and folders'

I can't actually test this ATM because I dont have my iPod, but it should be something similar to this:

goto:ipod_control then hopefully there will be a podcast directory, compy the podcasts off the iPod and onto your hardrive, (you may need to open them in iTunes if they have weird filenames....

Hope this works. :)