Unofficial Mills

So who got tickets?

Mike

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice a trend in girl callers going first and then someone from Preston going second.

I cant go, it would be very selfish of me to put them in the bin. If you have read the forum rules then i think you need to get out more. Shame you didn't get any tickets eh... too bad.

All you have to do is fill in this form with your details:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/tickets/returns.shtml

You don't need to send them back, Radio 1 will cancel your ticket, and they'll give it someone else. No need to do any trading that way!

Go on Dev do the honourable thing follow the link and let someone who is a Radio 1 listener of 40 years and a PR1 resident (who is absolutely gutted she did not get any along with her teenage daughter) get the chance to be allocated your tickets!!!!!

Are you orange Dev?

MissyE, Is PR1 a postcode? And 40 years of listening?? Wow!

Dev if you have tickets and we can have them legitimately, I'd LOVE to go. Can't see how that could be though, as all tickets are allocated to the individual who won them in the ballot or subsequent competitions, aren't they?

UM is a nice place

PR1 is one of the priority postcodes for the Radio 1 tickets PR2 was the other. I still have not had an email either way for all the four members of my family who registered. Also registered was my dad, my two sisters, sister and brother in law and nephews and nieces, friends and kids, work colleagues PLUS the few hundred students at the school I teach at and guess what I know of only THREE sets of tickets being won!!!

Either something has gone wrong or we were all incredibly unlucky. It really hacks me off the way that it was so EASY for anyone outside the local area to apply. Tickets should be put on sale by either selling from LOCAL outlets or a telephone system that allows only the local dialling codes to ring for the first tranche. This was all raised in the run up and after the Dundee debacle last year where tickets were stolen during postage and the same suggestions were made by local residents.

Radio 1 you need to start listening! It is the Preston residents that will be inconvenienced and will be supporting the event through their local taxes.

Although if all this FIA is true that Paul Denchfield was sacked and there is some infiltration of the BBC to post trigger words for something to happen next weekend in Preston maybe I'd better stay away?

http://pauldenchfield.typepad.com/

The latest you tube videos are scary;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C24j_D1Y7-I

To be fair, I think it's just a bit of biterness. A lot of the phone-in competitions are going to the people of Preston. A lot of people from Preston online have been claiming they've got tickets (check out the local newspaper's websites)

I think the real shame is that the real Radio 1 fans don't get to go. The publicity causes people who've never heard Radio 1 to win tickets. I don't think that's fair.

Im glad radio 1 is doing the 1 big weekend, but as someone who knows they cant go...im getting a bit tired of all the publicity for it! Every time I turn on theres something about it. Its only one weekend!

Also why make someone lucky enough to be picked on the phone lines, have to answer a silly question... its not fair if people get them wrong.

Because Radio 1 pride themselves on hosting this huge free festival, they put all their budget for live events in to this, and it's full of 50 pretty big artists. They're hardly not going to shout about it really are they?

Plus there's the normal argument that a lot of listeners don't listen for long, so it needs to be promoted in that way.

I dont think theres any trains from Hgte to Preston cant be bothered to go from Leeds-manchester-preston(even though its easier and quicker to drive)

Mind you if you do pass through Leeds anyone be like "Ema lives near here!!!1"

Anyway

*cough*

twitter.com/emgreatorex

PR1 is one of the priority postcodes for the Radio 1 tickets PR2 was the other. I still have not had an email either way for all the four members of my family who registered. Also registered was my dad, my two sisters, sister and brother in law and nephews and nieces, friends and kids, work colleagues PLUS the few hundred students at the school I teach at and guess what I know of only THREE sets of tickets being won!!!

We were told much the same when it was in Dundee last year! We were told 80% of the tickets would go to Dundee and the surrounding areas but afterwords we were told that Dundee City Council did a deal with Radio 1 that 80% of the tickets would be allocated to people outside the Dundee area to increase tourism!!!!

glitzy.jpg

Love my home town to bits but the best places are way out of town like the Trough of Bowland and the Ribble Valley, the Lake District, Silverdale and Arnside. I doubt the council would have been able to pull that deal. Jono too right I'm bitter. People who do not even listen to Radio 1 have applied for these tickets. I ask at school so who's got Radio 1 tickets then and they ask me what is it Miss? Oh yeah my aunty got some.

My kids know what it is because they LISTEN to Radio 1 with me in the car, at home, online on holiday. My point is that real listeners who live in the local area should be given the chance to queue and get the tickets - I would have been there with my sleeping bag with my sister and kids the night before - like I did for Bay City Rollers at the Guild Hall LOL (but obviously no kids back then!) - who can say that about the online system?

Want to know why so many Preston people are entering the R1 competitions - its because they live there, have not got tickets and like me are desperate to go!!!

I am even going to become part of the ARG community in my desperate quest - who knows I might become an addict!!!!

MissyE I live just outside Reading but can't get Reading tickets (though I could volunteer to steward through Oxfam). It has always been the same and it is frustrating just as it is for real football fans when they see the tickets they wanted being auctioned off on internet auction sites at unaffordable prices. The only way to change things would be political i.e. government legislation controlling the sale of tickets. I think a lot of people would think that was a bit much though. I own a ticket for another festival at the moment, I'd be quite cross if I couldn't go because of a family emergency or something and then found I couldn't sell my ticket. Yes people shouldn't be profiteering, but stopping the resale of tickets altogether would be harsh. Similarly the promoters who issue the tickets might not like being told who they can sell/give tickets to, I'd have thought?

UM is a nice place

I have no objection whatsoever to people trying to sell tickets they have bought if they cannot attend an event and I think the concert industry is on the whole with me on that one and that is why there is no legislation against it. To buy tickets for Glastonbury for e.g. you have to be pretty dedicated and make a real effort to dial that number on the day. If you are successful and then you can't go then fair enough ypu should be able to sell them.

My argument is that these tickets were far too easy for non R1 fans to enter for and those people who are selling them are trying to make a profit from something that was free to begin with. There is a system to return the tickets or they can give them away to friends and family or Dev can send me a private message and tell me where I could pick his up from tonight!:*