Unofficial Mills

And this year... it'll be Preston!

Jono

Big Weekend 07: Will you be applying for tickets?  

1. 1. Big Weekend 07: Will you be applying for tickets?

• Yes
    • No

Although the full announcement isn't expected until Jo's show on Monday, it's been leaked that Moor Park, Preston will be the venue for Radio 1's Big Weekend this year. The news came out in a hiccup in the online department of Preston's local newspaper here.

The event will take place on the 19th and 20th of May, and has a 30,000 people capacity - the biggest free music festival in Europe.

Source:

http://www.lep.co.uk/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2074702&SectionID=73

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be good... I was trying to work out from that report whether I'd missed something, then I realised they'd dated it Monday's date. Obviously they couldn't be arsed to go into work that day...

Either way methinks we can report on it, as it's them in the wrong and it's going to come out eventually I know.

I can image 30,000 people trying to get to Ireland for the Big Weekend. People swimming, getting planes, boats and all that. Would be interesting... :P

Bugger, even without thinking about the tickets, it would cost £87 to get to Preston.

When will they ever make the Big Weekend go to somewhere like Down Sarf'

Londonderry, Sunderland, Dundee, Manchester, Birmingham...

Granted Cardiff is only an hour and a bit on the train from here, but that was way back in 2002... surely it's time that it came down to Exeter or maybe even Bristol??

C'mon Radio 1, get your arse in gear and bring it down south...

Get's more predictable every bloody year

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

When will they ever make the Big Weekend go to somewhere like Down Sarf'

Londonderry, Sunderland, Dundee, Manchester, Birmingham...

Granted Cardiff is only an hour and a bit on the train from here, but that was way back in 2002... surely it's time that it came down to Exeter or maybe even Bristol??

C'mon Radio 1, get your arse in gear and bring it down south...

Get's more predictable every bloody year

Well Dundee's about 3 hours away from most of the west of scotland. So you could effectively say theyve never been here either if youre going by your thinking.

Theres so many different cities and regions in the UK, so Radio 1 are never going to please everyone. Its impossible. And in fact, if you take a look at the OB's overall, youll probably see that most of them are in England.

Considering the outbreak of Bird Flu was in Suffolk, there's about as many turkeys here as any other county...

I know my geography's not very good, but I don't think Preston's in Ireland is it? No? Bugger.

Londonderry was though. You snooze, you lose.