Unofficial Mills

Vernon Kay to host The Chris Moyles Show

DarkAngelMJH

Well I only got to listen to it up till 9 because thats when my work opens up so I have to lose the radio, however what I did hear I was pleased with, I think if anything VK even upped his usual standard because he had a bigger team to have banter with. I'm certainly looking forward to listening for the rest of the week.

Not impressed with censorship

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest inxces4308
do you want him to be as good as Chris?

No, not at all. I would just like him to be a little more natural. He sounded scripted for alot of today. Dave also sounded strange.

Dave was in Chappers and Dave mode, as opposed to Comedy Dave mode. And do I want Vernon to be as good as Chris? Well.... yeah. Otherwise I don't want to listen. Why would I listen to something grossly inferior? Yet, Vernon himself WAS perfectly fine; it was the stupid hacks in Radio One management, from what Aled posted on his site (he didn't call them stupid hacks though; that's my additional comment), who decided that they want more music which ruined the show completely. It became every Absolute, XFM and Capital breakfast show you can find, and the whole point of Moyles and his success is that the show ISN'T any of those shows.

But then I'm biased because, were it up to me, they'd play one song every half hour, if not a song every hour because I prefer the Stern-style shows where the content takes strong dominance.

Dave was in Chappers and Dave mode, as opposed to Comedy Dave mode. And do I want Vernon to be as good as Chris? Well.... yeah. Otherwise I don't want to listen. Why would I listen to something grossly inferior? Yet, Vernon himself WAS perfectly fine; it was the stupid hacks in Radio One management, from what Aled posted on his site (he didn't call them stupid hacks though; that's my additional comment), who decided that they want more music which ruined the show completely. It became every Absolute, XFM and Capital breakfast show you can find, and the whole point of Moyles and his success is that the show ISN'T any of those shows.

No I agree with you here M1TCH3LL. I don't agree with the opinion that Vernon shouldn't be as good as Chris. Vernon can do a perfectly decent job without imitating him. I often enjoy Scott's breakfast stints in a different way to Chris but doesn't mean I think I'd want him to replace Chris.

You could be right that Vernon was fine but the show is coming across as trying to please management more than Scott does. It's somewhat sucked the joy out of the show and if it is management causing this then shame on them.

My clock radio tunes into Radio 1 every morning but after hearing two tracks in a row I got on with my morning because normally it's the chat that entices me to stay in bed and listen. May be it just tuned in at an awkward point.

I think Chappers and Dave would have been better candidates. After all, it was tradition Chappers teamed up with Dave and took time out from the show anyway.

I think Chappers and Dave would have been better candidates. After all, it was tradition Chappers teamed up with Dave and took time out from the show anyway.

Yeah Chappers can work the decks can't he? They would have been a funny act and could easily have worked with the rest of the team

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Guest inxces4308
Yeah Chappers can work the decks can't he? They would have been a funny act and could easily have worked with the rest of the team

Yeah he can do the desk.

One thing that could have been a good option would be Scott, Chappers, Dave and the rest of the team. It would be great to see how they all act together!

But, leave Becky on drive with whoever fills in.

Yeah he can do the desk.

One thing that could have been a good option would be Scott, Chappers, Dave and the rest of the team. It would be great to see how they all act together!

But, leave Becky on drive with whoever fills in.

I dunno, Chappers and Dave are like a treat. We might start takiing them for granted if we hear them often.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Guest inxces4308
I dunno, Chappers and Dave are like a treat. We might start takiing them for granted if we hear them often.

Good point. Its like I started to get bored with the lie-in because they lost the spark they had as they did it week in, week out.

Good point. Its like a started to get bored with the lie-in because they lost the spark they had as they did it week in, week out.

Exactly my point, they're like your favourite drink. Have too much of it and it doesn't taste as nice.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

It's interesting hearing Aled in the 'bossy producer' role whilst Rachel's away. It's noticeable that Vernon can't/doesn't want to give him nearly as hard a time as Moyles does.

I quite like 'Aled baiting' though, provided it doesn't go too far and it remains very much in jest, as I'm very fond of Aled.:)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I quite like listening to Vernon. It's not the same without Chris (obviously) but he seems to have settled in well. Too much music though - a record at 6.35? The opening link is the best part.

Someone needs to tell Vernon to say the time more - at that time in the morning it's useful to hear it - especially for commuters. He could do with saying it before the news as well actually. Always sounds a bit messy if there's no headline.

But apart from that, he's doing pretty good.

Guest inxces4308

Aled (i think you still read here on the odd occasion).....can you please tell Carrie to stop screaming. She did it again this morning and it was worse than ever.

Nobody likes it..........I had to turn the radio down this morning because of it. I'm sure alot of people will also just turn their radio off completely.

I've picked up for a while that Carrie seems desperate to have a bigger role on the show. She always chips in with lines and laughs to herself over them - but they're rarely ever funny. And this morning she was talking over everyone from the off-set. Nothing to add, annoying and only really of any value when reading the sports or being tickled.

Agreed.

So, bad start but good finish for Vernon Kay. I loved his story about Tess' time in Bangladesh. That must have pulled in so much money.

Loved the Golden Hour with Vernon this morning, to celebrate the Kilimanjaro week!! Was out running at the time, and the songs were completely motivational!! :D

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Agreed.

So, bad start but good finish for Vernon Kay. I loved his story about Tess' time in Bangladesh. That must have pulled in so much money.

Has it actually been said Chris is back on Monday because I'm still under the impression Vernon is back on Monday?

No, Chris is back on TUESDAY!! Vernon has another day to go - I forgot that lol

I'll put this thought out there: I was reading on other forums where people are basically saying it should all be about the Climb, and not who is hosting the Chris Moyles Show! What do you think of this? I think, yeah, this week is all about the climb, but I still want to enjoy the breakfast show at the same time!! Vernon did well in the end, but, you know, I would still have preferred Scott or Nihal (maybe just a bit less ego?).

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Guest inxces4308
No, Chris is back on TUESDAY!! Vernon has another day to go - I forgot that lol

No, Chris is back on Wednesday. He has asked for another day off. It t'was talked about this morning.