Unofficial Mills

Rajar Q4 2008

Guest inxces4308

Guest inxces4308

Well nobody has mentioned it here yet, so i will. The listening figures where published today (around 1.30) to stations and are published tomorrow to the public.

So, whats your predictions? Moyles? Mills? Radio 1 as a whole?

Absolute Radio is expected to report a big drop in listeners tomorrow when national commercial radio station's first official Rajar figures are published since its rebrand from Virgin Radio.

Tomorrow's figures are expected to show a drop of about 10% to 15%. Absolute Radio would not comment on the size of the drop until the Rajar figures are officially published tomorrow at 7am.

However, management at Absolute Radio, who met advertising agencies today, said the station remained on course to hit its two-year audience target of 3.5 million listeners.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jan/28/absolute-radio-braced-for-audience-drop

I'm hoping for Moyles to continue to drop listeners as while he's the right man to present the Radio 1 Breakfast Show, the current format is begining to sound very tired and he needs a serious wake up call.

As for the rest of the Station, I'm hoping the figures stay strong as everyone has done a very good job lately, especially Sara Cox, who has suprised me as I never use to rate her as a DJ.

To be fair it is a crap station.

The music is rather good on Absolute, its the Jingles and the DJ's which make it a crap station, except for the excellent Geoff Lloyd.

The music is rather good on Absolute, its the Jingles and the DJ's which make it a crap station, except for the excellent Geoff Lloyd.

And Tim Shaw, who pretty much co-carried Kerrang on his back for about four years (with Ugly Phil).

Also, I begrudgingly agree with the notion that Moyles needs to drop listeners. I do love the show, but I fear that they're getting far too complacent and doing things they probably shouldn't. Anything that gives the show an alarm to get better is a great thing.

I want to see Moyles figures crash.But not for a negative reason. If they do drop by a considerable amount (although I'd imagine thats unlikely) then Moyles would get alot better, because at the moment he does at times sound really bored when doing the show, In my opinion anyway.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Guest inxces4308
BBC Radio 1 breakfast presenter Chris Moyles has regained some of the listeners he’s lost over the last couple of quarters, putting him back to where he was 12 months ago with 7.30 million listeners.

Radio 1 in general lost a small amount of listeners, down from 10.69 to 10.58 million. Its share, at 10.1 per cent, is up on last quarter which was 9.8.

Radio 2 has a weekly reach of 13.47 million listeners - up from 13.06m last quarter and 12.82m last year. Wake up to Wogan has 7.96 million listeners tuning in each week – up from 7.74m last quarter and 7.73m last year.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.4331.7

I'm glad the figures have gone up, but i hope they dont go on about it too much on-air as it will annoy people and they would end up tuning out again. He sounded really happy at 6.30 this morning!

Producer Chris seems happy with Nihal's listening figures. I think Nihal is doing very well in that slot - he has the right mix of material for the young and old - I didn't think Annie Mac had that when she sat in for Sara.

I like The Times' headline here: http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article5611572.ece

Chris Moyles's ratings up despite Auschwitz scandal

a) They'd not have included that show

B) As if more than a handful of listeners would have tuned out over it

c) It wasn't really a scandal.

Where can I find figures for individual shows?

Yes I'd like to look at that as people are commenting on Edith and Nihal. Speaking of which Nihal has improved no end over the last year and I enjoy listning to him in his current slot. As for Moyles, I'm over the moon, I can tell they really worked at it.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Guest inxces4308
Where can I find figures for individual shows?

It wont be published to the public and it is unlikely that you'll be able to find out.

Unless they talk about it on their shows........

To be fair it is a crap station.

Ha.....they actually lost even more than that original article says. They lost 20% of their audience in the end!

http://radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.4329.7