Unofficial Mills

The Chris Moyles Show in video form

Guest inxces4308

Guest inxces4308

From the Chris Moyles Blog:

Another little secret I can reveal for you now... if you LOVE listening to The Chris Moyles Show then from Monday for 5 days you're going to love WATCHING it too!!!!

This is something we've trialled for a day a few months back - it went SO well, we're extending it to a week. There will be proper Big Brother style cameras all over the studio so that you can log on at any time during the show and feel a part of the team and see what we all do. (Watch how grumpy Dave can look in the morning, or how Carrie really does hide under the desk when doing the pub quiz, about how Chris constantly wrings his hands when he speaks or how much work Rachel does in the studio - that no-one ever talks about!)

For the geeks amongst us the cameras are only ONE part of the whole experience there's a WHOLE console of cool stuff which will be revealed across the week!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inxces4308
Can you go an hour without creating a new thread?

I dident create this thread....i posted this on the Moyles show is changing thread....no idea who created this one and added my stuff at the top!

I dident create this thread....i posted this on the Moyles show is changing thread....no idea who create this one and added my stuff at the top!

*Snigger*

Jugalug's comment was aimed at Viv and not you.

Sorry I was trying to tidy the forum up as Viv had gone and made a new thread about it so I shoehorned your post in. I get the feeling come Monday the Chris Moyles show thread won't be sufficient for all these new things.

Anyone know anything else about this? Or is it going to be a surprise tomorrow morning for us all?!

The Chris Moyles Show is basically being video streamed on Radio 1 Online for the whole of this week.

Annie mentioned they're video streaming Switch next Sunday too.

I think I would be more likely to watch it if they did it the BBC3 way like Scott did. I will never switch on my computer at that time of the morning where as while I am getting dressed in the morning I would put on my TV rather than my radio.

Ah well, maybe they will do a best of Vodcast or something.....

glitzy.jpg

Guest inxces4308
All I ask of the visual radio player to scale to Window size - so can leave it fullscreen. Also, it'd be nice if it showed the live text.

Apart from that, absolutely loving it.

Was just about the say the same, would be great to go full screen. They dont seem to be using IPlayer which is weird.....

I was expecting just an EMP window, but I'm glad it's not just that - it more resembles a concept video they showed on the Radio Lab blog last year which I thought was absolutely fantastic.

And by the looks of things, it gets better - looking through the survey, it mentions these features:

What parts of the Visual Radio Player did you enjoy the most? (Please tick all that apply)

Seeing the text messages coming in

Reading the song information e.g. artist biographies

‘Now playing’ song information

Watching what’s happening in the studio via the webcam

Swingometer or bar charts for polls on programmes

Live show blog

Text messages and polls could be interesting. And keep an eye on the Radio Labs log as they will probably talk about it - really interesting blog. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radiolabs/

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

Guest inxces4308

They must be taking a desk feed (for audio) as chris just turned the gain down on Foo Fighters and it dramatically changed the volume on the stream......

'Daves Log' is disapointing because everytime they flick between Texts and Daves Log it starts posting his messages from the beggining again. Also, it dosent get updated.....

Atleast they arn't playing up to the cameras too much like they did last time.