Unofficial Mills

BBC Radio 1 ID Fx Package

jimbos

Hey there forumers,

Been an avid reader of this site for a number of years, so I'm sure there is somebody geeky enough, or maybe an insider who will be able to help me out.

I'm after the current Radio 1 ID Fx package, all the sweepers/sound fx mixes used by DJ's on air. I have airchecks so really I'm after the actual files. I have a massive jingle collection and would be willing to trade in return.

PM me if you can help, it would be much appreciated, and well rewarded of course!

Thanks and all the best.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jessica, as far as I know, Music4 dont make the sweepers I am after.

Music 4 just make the DJ talk beds, feature Jingles such as One Big Weekend, Sport Relief etc, Newsbeat, Moyles, 1tros ... everything that carries the radio 1 logo 'do dee do do'.

What I'm after is made by the inhouse station sound department, using the custom sound design elements [the whooshes/crashes/bangs] from a jingle company thats name has escaped me.

Radio 1 add in the voiceovers and mix these down to create the audio you hear over the 1tros/in and out of links/over beds etc. These mix downs with the DJ or show name checks is what I'm after, I know its a long shot, but worth a try. PM me if you have what I'm after, as I said I have quite a large collection if you'd like to trade.

All the best.

I've got a few but my collection isn't what you would call extensive. The majority of mine are Scott Mills one's as I am pretty much obsessed! lol

By the way, the name of the company who does Scott's is Wise Buddah

Yeah, I have most of the Greg James ones too. I think they do his aswell as I remember him being listed there.

Wise Buddah is actually mostly a talent agency, who do some jingles. What you're looking for is made by Noise Fusion

Thats the company! They make the sound effects, but the sweepers are compiled by the internal team at Radio 1.Do you or anyone else have any of the mixdowns of these sweepers? Or maybe the dry sound effects used in and out of pre recorded interviews etc, as heard in that demo?

All the best.

Guest inxces4308

The noise fusion FX are licensed and unless your going to clip them off the demo, or are a licenced holder/blanket station holder you wont be able to get them.

Noise fusion did a custom package of ID_1 for radio 1 so there alot of there custom stuff thats not in the demo...............I have the ID_1 package but its fairly differant from Radio 1's stuff.

Also, i doubt radio 1 employees will send much because most of them will want them to be exclusive to them and not to other people.

Sorry if this all sounds glum! But its the truth....

You can buy production FX packages all over the place. They're all pretty similar, so why not just buy a production FX package if you're after production FX?

Everything's mixed together and created by Station Sound at Radio 1. They get the dry liners from the v/os and the FX and put them together to what you hear on air.

I doubt you'll be able to find any dry/clean Idents online anywhere as they are all produced in house.

I guess, but I was after the actual files as opposed to recordings of them, I posted here because I know a few Radio 1 employees read/post here now and again.

PM me if you have what I'm after!

They'll not be allowed to send them out - they're all copyrighted to the BBC

It's similar to not being allowed to illegally download music

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you please email them to: [email protected]. I have an extensive collection of Radio 1 jingles/beds, and am very open to trade

If you are open to, can you e-mail them to me at [email protected] please? I have a few and I can exchange some if you wish. Thanks

Latest Jingles: 2010 Beds Package, 2009 and 2010 ID Packages, Newsbeat 2009/10.

http://www.freegary.org.uk/

If you are open to, can you e-mail them to me at [email protected] please? I have a few and I can exchange some if you wish. Thanks

Yeah, sorry about the delay. It dawned on me that I forgot my password! Reset it now, and shall send you several emails with the beds

In case anyone wants these, here's a list of full packages I've got. If you want any of these, please let me know!

FULL JAN 2008 BBC LONDON PACKAGE

FULL SEP 2008 ABSOLUTE RADIO PACKAGE

FULL JAN 2005 CHART SHOW PACKAGE

FULL JUNE 2006 CHART SHOW PACKAGE

FULL DEC 1999 NEWSBEAT PACKAGE

FULL DEC 2006 NEWSBEAT PACKAGE

FULL OCT 2007 NEWSBEAT PACKAGE

FULL OCT 2008 NEWSBEAT PACKAGE-The OCT 07 pack has Jody on it the 08 one has Holly

FULL JAN-DEC 2008 MOYLES PACKAGE (Quite a large package!)

FULL MOYLES JAN 2009 PACKAGE WITH MARCH 2009 KILLIMANJARO

FULL APR' 2008 GREG JAMES BEST BITS PACKAGE

FULL AUG 06 MOVIE REVIEW PACKAGE

FULL AUG 07 FLIRT DIVERT PACKAGE

FULL APRIL 08, JUN 08,NOV 08,JAN-DEP 09 1TROS

2009 CHRIS MOYLES OPENING SONG

email them, all of them. Erm, that would take forever! I will certainly email you the best ones. Do you want new ones e.g. 2009 Male or just any good ones?

Could I have some ones from the new male v/o, and some of Holly please!