Unofficial Mills

Do you look your age?

Lucinda

Do you get told that you look older - or younger - than your actual age?

Are you offended or pleased if someone misjudges your age?

I keep getting told that I look younger than 20. I met some random computer science PhD student last night in Spoons who seemed really surprised that I was third year because he said I looked like I was 17. I also got ID'd buying a lottery ticket a few months ago which made me wonder if I actually do look 15.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I think I look younger than I am. I don't get told I do - I never really buy or do things with age restrictions, but I'm pretty sure most people think I'm younger than 17.

Oh, well, I don't think I look 15, because they didn't ask for my ID when I bought the Casanova DVD ;) And I don't find it annoying yet, but in 5½ months I'm 18, and I don't look like that at all and will probably have to show my ID lots of times...

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Oh, I have such a baby face. I remember when I was 16 I got ID'd buying a can of Red Bull, because apparantly you have to be 12 for that. I always get ID'd on nights out too, and I always get a look of disbelief whenever I present my ID, as if they think it's a fake one or something.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I spent most of early life trying to prove I was young enough to take up 'child' tickets on trains and buses, and then spent much of my early adult life trying to prove I was old enough to buy a drink. There's no fairness in it all!

I do recall trying to get a child ticket on the train when I turned 17 and managed to stuff up the date of birth by adding an extra year the wrong way.

Nowadays I don't seem to have a problem getting a drink so I would assume I look the right age.

i don't have as much trouble getting a drink these days as i did 2 years ago. then i didn't have much trouble then compared to some i know, i guess i am a little more fortunate. some places do that 21 thing (if you don't look 21 you'll be asked for id), i get through that at about 75%.

on the grid.

hey all

nah i dont think i look my age at all, some places i get id'ed some places i dont. i used to find it fustrating wen i did turn 18 getting id'ed but doesnt bother me now lol. good thing about lookin younger than i am is that it will pay off in years to come i hope :) lol.

aw few mates have sed i look around 17/18 others have said i look to be in my early twenties.. so a mixture really. anyone the same?

Meh... some guy just knocked on the front door, I answered it and his first words were "Parents in?"

I told him we're all students and he looked surprised that someone so young could be living without parents around I think. He wanted to sell tea anyway so I told him I wasn't interested.

I must really look quite young :( I'll probably still get the "parents in?" question when I'm 30...

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

The optiontion told me I look 12, yet the hairdresser started light conversation the other week with "So how's uni going" O_o

I also get I.D.ed for lotto but I don't to get into a 15 film =S

I don't really mind that people's judgment isn't as good as mine ;)

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru