Moyles to climb Kilimanjaro!

Viv

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pecan & maple pastries :drool: not seen them, they sound very tasty though.

i wonder how many pairs of shoes fearne will take :giggle: she will still look :hug: in her Snow+Rock gear though.

Stop drooling over Fearne lol

Pecan & maple pastries are around only 80p from TESCO. Check 'em out!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Yes, he really is.

Gang members will be climbing a mountain at the weekend as practice for the big one (name undisclosed - oink), and will be testing satellite 'phones. The "donations" website will be launched next Monday.

The climb is for Comic Relief, helping people in the UK and abroad. Red Nose day will be on 13th March 2009 this year, if you wish to take part in something yourself!

Comic Relief is a British Charity created in 1985. One of the fundamental principles behind working at Comic Relief is the 'Golden Pound Principle' where every single donated pound is spent on charitable projects!! So, right there, it just goes to show how every little you can spare is VERY IMPORTANT. If everyone gave just a bit, it would add up to loads of lovely cash which can go to help others less fortunate. :-)

Just one example of a project in the UK is the Merseyside Anti-Bullying Steering Group : Bullying is a big problem for young people and can lead to huge amounts of distress and anxiety. The Merseyside Anti-Bullying Steering Group provides a telephone helpline and support for young people affected by bullying.

Please help, if you can, from next Monday, 2 February 2009.

I think, for this weekend's walk, the Peak District was inadvertently mentioned this morning on the show. Take your pick: http://www.hillwalkersgallery.co.uk/Mountains_-_Peak_District.htm

I actually do have faith in Moyles getting up Kilimanjaro, as I think he's one of those people who once they've set their mind to something, they complete it. The jokes and jibes on the show are merely a way of drumming up sponsorship, or rather 'donations'. I'm certain he's taking his training very seriously. Let's face it, noone would insure him if he weren't.

Good luck to Moyles and team Kili! He said they were off on the 28th Feb.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Re: who is going to be on the Show during Moyles' absence whilst climbing the mountain, Aled has written the following: "I've been working on this for a while. Today we got a presenter / presenters approved. I could tell you - but I should probably let Chris tell you on-air!

It's going to be fun...".

I think it will be Nihal personally.

Re: who is going to be on the Show during Moyles' absence whilst climbing the mountain, Aled has written the following: "I've been working on this for a while. Today we got a presenter / presenters approved. I could tell you - but I should probably let Chris tell you on-air!

Think that means they will have a guest takeover? Kind of? Otherwise it's usually Scott!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Guest inxces4308

On Aleds website he added a nice little tease about it:

ALED:

I've been working on this for a while. Today we got a presenter / presenters approved. I could tell you - but I should probably let Chris tell you on-air!

It's going to be fun...

It will be either

- Guest presenters

- Keith Chegwin

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Today sees the launch of the Comic Relief stuff... Red Nose day = March 13th '09.

There is a shop where you can purchase items, or obtain sponsor forms and do something yourself!! www.rednoseday.com/shop. Stuff available includes:

red noses = £1.00, with £0.70 going to Comic Relief. Just 70p could pay for a HIV test for a child in Kenya. An early diagnosis means they can get proper treatment and stay healthy for as long as possible.

Gigglers = balls which laugh = £3.00.

Whopee cushions = £1.00.

Badges = £1.00.

Car noses.

T-shirts, etc., etc.

Alternatively, Sainsburys are also selling items, including red noses and deeley boppers (£2.00), which are hairband type things with red balls at the top of them.

TKMaxx and Oxfam are also involved.

Act now! Do something today!!

No!! Sorry!! I'm just trying to promote the mountain thing! Ha ha!! I've posted it on Nihal's facebook pages as well - see if I can get away with it. I've got the deeley boppers this morning!

Also, if you go to Chris Moyles' home pages, and go to the youtube section, you can see the lovely Aled waving in the background at today's press stuff!!

www.youtube.com/thechrismoylesshow

Chris Moyles is off to do a photoshoot today.

Check the following, btw:

From Wikipedia: The summit of Kilimanjaro is covered by a GSM mobile phone network, and was previously the highest point in the world with mobile phone service. WOW.

Quote from Dave today that he was "required here" during Moyles crime and then after the record Chris had a dig at him saying he was giving stuff away. I do hope it's Chappers and Dave in charge. I like Cheggars and it might be nice for a day, but I most like the idea of guest presenters. I take it he'll be gone for a week so...

Monday: Vernon Kay

Tuesday: Scott Mills

Wednesday: Greg James (Roland Herel could fill in)

Thursday: Chappers (hence forming Chappers and Dave)

Friday: Keith Chegwin.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Yet more interesting stuff from the papers!!

Jo Brand says, "This year Comic Relief are putting a real focus on mental health problems which, as an ex-psychiatric nurse, I'm really glad about".

The Daily Star says: "Top celebrities are out in force to push this year's Red Nose Day. Stars such as Cheryl Cole, Tom Jones and Alesha Dixon are all throwing their weight behind the fundraiser at a time when we are feeling the pinch.

While the downturn is affecting everyone's pockets, let's not forget those even worse off.

The stars of Comic Relief have promised a top night of fun and entertainment in return for a few charity pennies to help the World's needy".

I do hope it's Chappers and Dave in charge. .

Chappers & Dave would be great!!

The Daily Star says: "Top celebrities are out in force to push this year's Red Nose Day. Stars such as Cheryl Cole, Tom Jones and Alesha Dixon are all throwing their weight behind the fundraiser at a time when we are feeling the pinch.

Yup they've upped the anti with that bunch of celebrities this year. Phew.

Guest inxces4308

Just listened to clips of Moyles on phone, into Greg James' Show.

He sounded really high pitched/like he was looseing his voice!

Some pictures attached (From G.J Blog)

post-6494-145327870684_thumb.jpg

post-6494-145327870689_thumb.jpg