Moyles to climb Kilimanjaro!

Viv

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good, you've already posted the link!! People can also donate via the R1 website.

I enjoyed Gary "Fitness" Barlow being in the Studio this morning!

As Gary Barlow says, it's going to be a tough year for Charities. Totally agree, but I know people will still help out, if they can afford it.

It will take Moyles and others 7 days to climb the 19,300 ft. OMG. Moyles is even going to try and broadcast one hour per day from the mountain.

Just a £1.00 donation pays for lunch for 3 kids living in extreme poverty in Nigeria!! For more information of where the money goes (UK and abroad), then check out the R1 Site: www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/

(The BBC will be doing a documentary on Moyles + team's fascinating mountain climb).

Don't hesitate - DONATE!!

The following are bright ideas for getting an all-important £1.00 donation ready:-

Bright Ideas:

10 texts less today = £1.00!

Pack up some food and save spending on sweets = £1.00+!!

Get a sponsor form from the Red Nose day site, and do something yourself: a sponsored silence, a run... whatever!!

My neighbour and I have donated a joint £15.00 this morning **sighs** the pastry & latte allowance is now gone for the week :-( SOB.

PS: Well done to all for the climb up Mount Shush at the weekend! The youtube video posted by Jono is inspirational!! Awful that 2 climbers died on the mountain just at the weekend.

PPS: Please keep posting stuff in this topic, because it will ensure the topic stays towards the top of the page, ensuring eyes (including guests' eyes) are drawn towards it, and are tempted to donate!! :-) HA!

Together, we can raise a pile of coins as high as the actual mountain!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

was something said out of turn again on this mornings show (Monday) as I notice it has now been removed from the iPlayer!

Friday's hasn't worked either so I doubt it. The iPlayer has been quite poorly the last week I believe.

Friday's hasn't worked either so I doubt it. The iPlayer has been quite poorly the last week I believe.

Im glad you said that because I had trouble with Fridays as well and thought I just a dodgy connection that night. I listened to todays up to about the 8am mark with no problem that was about half 12.

james_ryder.png

I would imagine it was because 2 people died yesterday on the same mountain Chris and the team climbed. Although the news hadn't broke at the time it may seem insensitive or something.

Yeh I read ealrier and thought oh shit. But then Chris and co cant be considered in the wrong because as you said new hadnt broke, but then it could be the BBC being careful.. who knows :confused:

james_ryder.png

I've been listening to Moyles whilst he's been talking about his climb for the past while so I've donated £5 for him and Rachel.

Good on them. :)

Great stuff!! :-) You just bought lunch for 15 kids! You rock!

Yesterday, Moyles was doing the Speaking Clock for Comic Relief. Today it's Gary Barlow!!

Edith was saying yesterday that most people who interviewed Moyles last week about the climb asked, "How long do you think you'll last". How rude. Edith, however, went on to say that "Once Chris puts his mind to something, he'll do it".

Edith had a mountain power montage yesterday: a mini-collection of inspiring, motivational tunes, including "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", "Move Any Mountain", etc. Edith thinks it would be good for inspiring songs to go on an iPOD (agreed).

Cheryl Cole, who is also climbing, says, "I've got a treadmill, and one of the settings is.... Kilimanjaro!" (God).

Only 1/3 of those who attempt to scale Kilimanjaro actually make it to the top.

Alesha Dixon will be keeping a "climb diary" exclusively for Hello! magazine.

To listen to the interviews with Cheryl and other climbers, please visit www.absoluteradio.co.uk :)

Yeh I read ealrier and thought oh shit. But then Chris and co cant be considered in the wrong because as you said new hadnt broke, but then it could be the BBC being careful.. who knows :confused:

It's nothing to do with that; it's because it would be upsetting for anyone who is affected by the deaths to hear about The CM Show's rather more succesful trip up the mountain. Also, it might sound very strange to anyone listening not affected.

It certainly will be. From R1's great website:

"As they make their way to the top the team will encounter almost every type of environment found on earth - from tropical rainforest and desert, to alpine meadows and arctic conditions.

The entire giant structure is a mammoth volcano - one of the biggest on earth - and if that's not scary enough its classed as dormant, not extinct!

It couldn't could it? Almost certainly not, but steam and sulphur are still emitted to this day from Kilimanjaro's youngest cone, Kibo".

Aaah! It's not actually extinct! Hope it doesn't go off whilst the team are up there!!

EF4L!! Fearne is doing the comic relief speaking clock tomorrow!! She will be blowing kisses, rather than doing the pips! This should please you!!

Dial 123!!

Re: Comic Relief: "Now" magazine says,

"In our eyes, the celebrity stunt with the best laughter potential ever has to be the Gary Barlow-led assault on Kili... what made Gary manage to convince these great names to take part?"

Gary Barlow says, "I've chosen the people I want to be stuck on the side of a mountain with".

Now says: "Really? Even Chris Moyles?" When are these papers and magazines ever going to realise that every single person involved (even - gasp - Moyles) has the potential to reach the top.

** It seems the documentary of the trek will be broadcast during the week leading up to Red nose Day on March 13th '09.

** Fearne Cotton has been training with the Army no less! Great stuff!!

Guest inxces4308

So doing the show when Moyles is away is...............NOT Andi Peters. Thankgod.

Its...........VERNAN KAY :D

The show will be immense! - I hope. The normal team will work well with him i think too.

Thank God Vern is sitting in.

So, "Now" magazine news: There are rumours Ashley Cole is not enjoying wife Cheryl's new distraction, i.e. Mount Kili.

Ashley is rumoured to be feeling that he's losing his wife to the "life-changing" trek she's set to make.

It seems Ashley has spoken to people who have scaled mountains, and it's turned out to be a real "see the light" experience.

Well, anyone who is secure in their relationship would have nothing to worry about....hmmmm.

I thought that too! But then, he cheated on her. He's bound to be privately thinking things may never be the same!!

Anyhow, Alesha Dixon failed to show on Chris' show this morning. Ill apparently. Me wonders if she'll make the climb, seeing as she's not been training and all.

BTW, according to BEST magazine, out of 4000 people who attempt to scale Mount Kili. each year, only 1400 make it to the peak!!

If you wish to do fund-raising yourself, then the number to dial for your kit = 0345 605 8000. The kit is distributed within 10 days. I have rung myself, and plan to do a sponsored run.

Denise Van Outen was in with chunky Moyles this morning!! She was tickling Carrie, resulting in lots of screaming!! DVO was told off for being rude!

Chris is apparently doing Steve Wright's show this afternoon?!! Chris' new quiz show begins on Channel 4 in a few weeks' time.

Now, according to the Daily Record, Fearne Cotton was fearing yet another boring gym session for her training for Mount Kili. She says, "I had a right result the other day when at the gym. I was in no mood to be there, and was contemplating a half-baked session. Then God sent me a gift.

"The Italian national rugby team strolled into my gym to train!

"I was in that gym for 2 hours and loving it. It is quite hard to pout whilst running, and panting, but I was giving it a go!".

Fearne says she & Moyles are chatting most evenings on the 'phone, to discuss training tips and food.

Fearne is determined to succeed in the climb. She says, "I visited Uganda before Xmas, and was shocked at the effects of Malaria. There were kids as tiny as 3 years old getting blood transfusions. One net could keep a family from ever getting malaria again".

www.rednoseday.com