Unofficial Mills

Becky Cam

Jono

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I have wondered about all this camera malarkey is did the team actually enjoy doing it? I feel it must have been pretty hard work for them - all that time in makeup ;), but maybe they had fun? If I were a radio presenter/producer etc, I'm not so sure I'd want to be on camera really.

What's the verdict from you lot off of UM on Becky/Headcam?

Beckycam certainly did a good job of introducing the team to us, putting faces to names so to speak, but I personally think a week of it would have been sufficient. It was fun to pop on and have a look, but shouldn't Radio 1 be just that - radio? I also find it interesting that Radio 1 appears to be increasingly in favour of becoming more and more 'visual' at the moment.

I felt for the international listeners too, as they weren't able to access any of it. I'm aware they don't play license fees, but it seemed a bit of a shame really.

*Nati waits to be pounced on by various UM members*

PS. Having said that I do have it on at present, and can confirm Grey T shirt guy is indeed wearing a grey T shirt today.:D

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I've liked it too, it's been a nice window into the goings on of radio 1. I actually think it's nicely seperate from the radio shows themselves so I don't agree with the keep radio, radio argument. It's also quite nice to see the people who don't usually get credit for the work they do. Oh that and it does provide a good distraction from working of course :P

• 4 months later...