Unofficial Mills

Who have you seen perform live?

Emma

I know there's probably been a thread about this in the past, but I thought I'd start one up again. So, which bands and other acts have you seen live? Alternatively, who would you like to see live?

For me, I've seen:

Ash, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Kids, Bloc Party, Blood Red Shoes, Bring Me The Horizon, Cajun Dance Party, Charlotte Hatherley, Crystal Castles, Dirty Pretty Things, Do Me Bad Things, Editors (twice), Elbow, Embrace, Foals, Foo Fighters, Go Faster, Goldie Lookin' Chain, Jack Penate, James, Jon Byrne, Joss Stone, Kasabian (twice), Keane, Klaxons, Lightspeed Champion, Lostprophets, Manic Street Preachers, MGMT, Mindless Self Indulgence (I hated it), Mobius Band, Muse, Noisettes, Pendulum, Pete & The Pirates, Polytechnic, Queens Of The Stone Age (twice), Raconteurs, Rage Against The Machine, Robots In Disguise, Scissor Sisters, Serj Tankian, Simian Mobile Disco, Sons and Daughters, Suede, Sugababes, Take That, Travis, Vampire Weekend, We Are Scientists, The Coral, The Cribs, The Darkness, The Delays, The Killers (twice), The Last Shadow Puppets, The Magic Numbers, The Subways, The Twang and The Wombats

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Alkaline Trio, Babyshambles, Busted (4 times), Bullet for my Valentine, Death Cab for Cutie, Fall Out Boy, Feeder, Foals, Franz Ferdinand, Funeral for a Friend, hellogoodbye, KoRn, Linkin Park, LostProphets, McFly (twice), Midnight Stalker, Mika, Pacific!, Palladium, Panic! At the Disco, Queens of the Stone Age, Rancid, Slipknot, Stereophonics, The Academy is..., The Streets.

Not nearly as impressive as yours, Emma. And I can't remember half of them now. I'm sure I'm missing some.

Edit: forgot about Simple Plan, New Found Glory, The Zutons and Less Than Jake.

More will come back to me later.

Alkaline Trio, Babyshambles, Busted (4 times), Bullet for my Valentine, Death Cab for Cutie, Fall Out Boy, Feeder, Foals, Franz Ferdinand, Funeral for a Friend, hellogoodbye, KoRn, Linkin Park, LostProphets, McFly (twice), Midnight Stalker, Mika, Pacific!, Palladium, Panic! At the Disco, Queens of the Stone Age, Rancid, Slipknot, Stereophonics, The Academy is..., The Streets.

Not nearly as impressive as yours, Emma. And I can't remember half of them now. I'm sure I'm missing some.

Edit: forgot about Simple Plan, New Found Glory, The Zutons and Less Than Jake.

More will come back to me later.

You've seen Babyshambles? Pete turned up, then? I really wanted to see them at Leeds, but I went with a group of about thirty people who all wanted to see Rage Against The Machine. I wasn't that bothered about Rage, but I didn't want to get lost from my group, so I ended up at Rage. Now, looking back, I was glad I did see them, because they're a "once in a lifetime opportunity" band to see.

Hmm, Who have I seen:

Muse (3 times), Pendulum (Twice), The Zutons (Twice), Faithless, Coldplay, Bloc Party (Twice), Editors, Klaxons, Queens of the Stone Age, Ractonteurs, Rage Against The Machine, Serj Tankian, Simian Mobile Disco, We are Scientists, The Killers, The Subways, Feeder, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, The Streets, Metallica, Dizzee Rascal, Lethal Bizzle, The Fratellis, The Enemy, Biffy Clyro, Hadouken, Jimmy Eat World (Twice), Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Twice), Arcade Fire, !!! and Arctic Monkeys.

Artists I must see in the future: The Prodigy, Kanye West and Moby.

[spunge] x 2, Little Man Tate x 2, Maximo Park x 2, Bloc Party x 2, Ash x 2, The Hold Steady x 2, The Maccabees x 2, Nine Black Alps x 2, Arcade Fire x 2, Dead 60s x 2, The Wombats x 2, Radiohead, Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly, The Fratellis, Dartz, Mystery Jets, The Automatic, The Crimea, I Am Kloot, Jimmy Eat World, The Rakes, Brand New, The Futureheads, We Are Scientists, Reel Big Fish, The Kills, The Courteeners, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Editors, Art Brut, The Shortwave Set, Electric Six, Hellogoodbye, Pull Tiger Tail, New Young Pony Club, The Used, Cold War Kids, Jamie T, Nine Inch Nails, Peter, Bjorn and John, Smashing Pumpkins, The Pipettes, Interpol, The Subways, Razorlight, Eagles of Death Metal, The Shins, Angels and Airwaves (crap), Panic! At The Disco (surprisingly decent), Red Hot Chili Peppers (disappointing), The Holloways, Bat for Lashes, Kate Nash (before anyone had heard of her, supporting, so not out of choice, I thought she was crap).

Soon to make Little Man Tate, The Hold Steady and [spunge] three times each. Also got the Stereophonics and Less Than Jake to come.

Would love to see: Snow Patrol and Belle and Sebastian.

Would love to see again: The Rakes, Maximo Park, The Crimea, I Am Kloot and Brand New.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Finchx2 Jimmy eat worldx2 Sum 41x2 Foo fighters taking back sunday reel big fish billy talent x 2 the killers Red Hot chilli peppers gym class heroes Bloc party greenday feeder x 2 goldfinger biffy clyro rage against the machine tenacios d kings of leon panic at the disco lostprophets x2 funeral for a friend x2 hellogoodbye brand new justice x 2 the fratellis the future heads

Editors, Bloc Party, Klaxons, Orson (x2), Lil' Chris, The Kooks, Kate Nash (x2), The Feeling, The Zutons (x2), The Fratellis (x2), Maximo Park, Scouting For Girls (x2), Primal Scream, Good Charlotte, Guillemots (x2), Jack Penate, The Cribs, The Ting Tings (x2), The Hoosiers, McFly, Nelly Furtardo, Girls Aloud (x2), All Saints, KT Tunstall, Hard-Fi, Robyn, Paolo Nutini, Sugababes, The Enemy, Embrace, The Pigeon Detectives, OneRepublic, The Wombats, Hot Chip, Pendulum, Franz Ferdinand, Elbow, British Sea Power, Interpol, Foals, Glasvegas, Noah & The Whale, The Horrors, The Maccabees, Sebastian Tellier, The Strokes, The Raconteurs, Belle & Sebastian, Dirty Pretty Things, Natty, The View, Primal Scream, Rooney, Beyoncé, Madonna, Blondie... and Wing.

Air Traffic, Amy Winehouse, Arcade Fire, Athlete, Bloc Party (twice), The Bravery, Calvin Harris, Chemical Brothers, CSS, Damage, The Dandy Warhols, Daniel Powter, The Dead 60s, Editors (twice), Embrace, Faithless, Fall Out Boy, Foo Fighters (twice), Franz Ferdinand, The Fratellis, Gabrielle, Gavin DeGraw, Girls Aloud, Goldie Lookin Chain, The Goo Goo Dolls, Good Charlotte, Hard-Fi, Interpol, James Morrison, Jet, Jimmy Eat World, Just Jack, Kaiser Chiefs (twice), Kanye West, Kasabian, Keane, The Killers, Kings of Leon (twice), Klaxons, The Kooks, KT Tunstall, LCD Soundsystem, Lily Allen, Lostprophets, Manic Street Preachers, Maximo Park (twice), The Mitchell Brothers, Muse, Oasis, OneRepublic, The Ordinary Boys, Paul Weller, Pink, The Proclaimers, Razorlight (twice), Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Rifles, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Rooster, Scouting for Girls, The Script, Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, Sugababes, Supergrass, Thirteen Senses, Tony Christie, Travis, We Are Scientists.

Phew :D

Jono you've seen Belle and Sebastian? I'm jealous... can't wait for them to start playing live again.

I'm seeing The View next month, forgot about that. I knew I'd forgotten something - better not forget to actually go!

I put all the gig tickets I could find on my notice board, still got a few more to find and some I didn't get tickets at all for (like Editors, We Are Scientists, The Kills). There's a photo here http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m132/lrjlo/Image218.jpg but it's quite rubbish quality because I left my camera downstairs so used my phone camera.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Black Sabbath, Metallica (x2), Guns N' Roses, Rage Against The Machine, Foo Fighters, Def Leppard, Whitesnake (x2), Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, Megadeth (x2), Queens Of The Stone Age, Deftones, Korn (x4), Pendulum, Billy Idol, Electric Six, Lostprophets, The Bravery, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson (x3), Tenacious D (x2), Velvet Revolver (x2), My Chemical Romance, Bowling 4 Soup (x2), Bloodhound Gang, Green Day, Serj Tankian (x2), Iron Maiden, System Of A Down, The Rasmus, Slayer (x2), Anthrax, Bullet For My Valentine (x3), Killswitch Engage (x2), Papa Roach (x2), Trivium (x3), Hard-Fi, HIM (x2), The Fratellis, NoFX, Alter Bridge (x3), Linkin Park, Dizzee Rascal, Turbonegro (x2), Incubus, Iggy & The Stooges, Sebastian Bach, Wednesday 13, 69 Eyes, Trashlight Vision, The Enemy, Dropkick Murphys, Arch Enemy, Evanescence, Satyricon, Stone Sour (x3), Garbage, Soil, Avenged Sevenfold (x2), American Head Charge (x2), Zebrahead, Dresdon Dolls, Wolfmother, Hinder, Machine Head, Lamb Of God, Breed 77, Mudvayne, Stephen Lynch, The Glitterati, Alice In Chains, Flyleaf, Deathstars, Jimmy Eat World, Simple Plan, Black Stone Cherry, 3 Inches Of Blood, Bif Naked, 3 Doors Down...

Oh, and Boyzone and Kelly Clarkson :)

And Nickelback this Thursday...

The best were probably Metallica, Korn, Mindless Self Indulgence, GnR, Foo Fighters, Whitesnake and Marilyn Manson. The worst was HIM, by a mile.

Now all I need to see is The White Stripes and AC/DC, and my life will be complete.

Hmm let's see, apart from the bands that the youngsters are into (Well the popular ones anyway, I have no idea about the rest of them) I've seen

The Monkees, Roy Wood (Mud, ELO, Wizzard), Desmond Dekker, The Cult, Shakin Stevens, Shed Seven, The Charlatans, The Stranglers, Squeeze, Chesney Hawkes, Blondie, T'Pau, Eat Static, CJ Bolland, Toni Di Bart, David Essex, Neil Diamond amongst others.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

In no particular order: Natasha Bedingfield, Avril Lavigne, Atomic Kitten, The Feeling x 3, Scouting For Girls x 2, Palladium x 2, Saving Aimee x 2, Mika, REM, The Twang, Klaxons, Arctic Monkeys, Editors, Guillemots, Delays, James Morrison, Newton Faulkner, Adele, Jack Penate, McFly x 2, Luke Toms x 2, The Fray, Will Young, Charlotte Church, The Pussycat Dolls, Sean Paul, Little Man Tate, The Script. The Ting Tings next week. :D

Has no-one gone to see Cage the Elephant? I'm going to see them in November and was wondering if they're any good live?

They were supporting The Wombats when I was there, but I was in the bar. They sounded alright though, but I don't reeeeally like them :shock: