I'm doing the Surgery tonight

Aled

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm blatantly asking the style guru, Aled, about shaving. I really hate shaving, but if I leave it for about a week people point out that I have a beard forming. It's not good. If I had it my way I'd leave it until it got really unattractive before I shaved it off.

Great, my girlfriend wants me to send her a love letter once a week after the suggestion Aaron gave that guy speaking to a girl in Spain. 'MSN and texts aren't really special'. Hmmmph!

If there was an area for people who want new friends on Facebook I'm sure Aled would be there in a flash. The friend whore :P

How much drink has Aled had? I guess he was having a drunken fuelled day and then got the call to come and work for The Surgery. Oops!

It was refreshing to here an older female caller. I'm not so keen on the show at the moment as it's all children and there's a CBBC expert. It could do with more of a balance.

Has anyone had a long distance relationship on here?

I have. He lived in Glasgow so I saw him whenever I visited my sister up there and when he came down every other weekend.

Yeah, I suck at long distance. Cheated on him pretty much every time I went out clubbing with my friends. It's so tempting for me. Or at least it used to be. Didn't cheat on my last 2 boys.

There's a guy in Bahrain that thinks he's in a long distance relationship with me... He scares me slightly.

they paid someone from newsbeat to go out to that country and interview drunks?

:shock:

do you regret the relationship tara? or did it teach you lessons?

I regret the things I did during the relationship. I was in Glasgow with him for 2 months over summer and they were a really good pair of months. I really didn't need to do those stupid things and hurt him but I listened to some idiots who used to be my friends telling me 'he's a guy, he's blatently cheating on you, have your fun'.

I listen to myself now. And don't let myself get into long distance relationships.

I haven't spoken to my friends in a while. I don't text my old school friends since I properly saw them last year. Haven't made any plans to see them this summer either. Well and truly drifted apart from them. I'm hoping to make new friends this year. :cry:

I listen to myself now. And don't let myself get into long distance relationships.

Surely it was bound to happen long distance or not? No offence. But if they weren't at the clubs you might have done it anyway?

It's difficult to establish the tone with this show. We've got from holiday romances to friends to lost parents to long distance relationships. Can't quite work out what they class as 'summer' and what they don't. I don't think he really has made it clear. It sort of went straight into the calls.

So many people lurking in this thread. Talk!

Surely it was bound to happen long distance or not? No offence. But if they weren't at the clubs you might have done it anyway?

I think it was more the not seeing him as often as I wanted to. I get jealous easily and if I haven't seen him in weeks a million scenarios go through my mind. Trust issues. When I see the guy at least once a week I feel a lot better.

I tend to remember them if there's the slightest chance they'll be at the club too ;)

I've never done an entirely long distance relationship. I'm not sure I'd like one.

I think it would be hard if you're blind to talk to people without them patronising. There was a blind guy on the train the other day and people were manhandling him and patronising him when he clearly didn't need that much help.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I think he's a bright lad. But I think I'd rather have the attention than none at all and stick out like a soar thumb. After time they'll get used to it and it'll become the norm. You can't win really. You either get no attention or all the attention... at first.

OK. Lurking a bit. Yeah, I have had long distance relationships. They can work just fine, and you'll always know in your heart of hearts if they aren't.

I guess when you're young like some callers they won't consider it too serious anyway. Particularly the one talking to someone in Spain at the age of 13.

entirely? expand on that :)

I'm at uni. About 8 months a year I'm in 1 city and the other 4 months I'm in another city about 150 miles away. If I'm with someone who lives far away from me when we're not at uni, it's a part time LDR.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'