Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Back to work on Sunday and sticking a massive middle finger up to xmas by working right through till the 29th. I loathe the way the UK changes hours because of what is a religious event and being forced to have the day off because of it, but this year due to what I'm now doing it means I can actually to go work and treat is as best I can like any other day.

Not impressed with censorship

I wrote this elsewhere in relation to xmas but its probably worth pasting it here too.....

Christmas is the main event in the christian calendar. I am an aethiest and have no time for religion. For the most part I can get by without any religious things creeping in, except I can't escape this one. I don't appreciate having a religious event forced upon me but I have to put up with it. Sadly all my friends take the view that I'm a scrooge and should be getting into the spirit, without any respect for my desire to lead an entirely religion free life.

Its also a horrible time of year for some people for personal reasons as well. I know my Mum and an Aunt in particular don't like this time of year as one of my Grans was killed in a car crash shortly before christmas a few years ago, and a couple of years later a cousin had a seizure one morning and also died. My other Gran died shortly before christmas several years ago as well so I don't think its a particularly great time of year for my Dad either. I know it really bothers my Mum being expected to "get into the spirit" of it, because it just shows a complete ignorance for peoples personal lives.

When the notice went up at work looking for volunteers to work over xmas and new year, I was the first to get my letter in saying I was interested. I had a feeling it would be at an overtime rate because it was xmas day but even if it had been at the standard rate I wouldn't have been too upset about it, also got a special request in to do a certain route that day because it goes up to where I used to live and I don't do that one because its operated by another depot

I wrote this elsewhere in relation to xmas but its probably worth pasting it here too.....

Christmas is the main event in the christian calendar. I am an aethiest and have no time for religion. For the most part I can get by without any religious things creeping in, except I can't escape this one. I don't appreciate having a religious event forced upon me but I have to put up with it. Sadly all my friends take the view that I'm a scrooge and should be getting into the spirit, without any respect for my desire to lead an entirely religion free life.

Its also a horrible time of year for some people for personal reasons as well. I know my Mum and an Aunt in particular don't like this time of year as one of my Grans was killed in a car crash shortly before christmas a few years ago, and a couple of years later a cousin had a seizure one morning and also died. My other Gran died shortly before christmas several years ago as well so I don't think its a particularly great time of year for my Dad either. I know it really bothers my Mum being expected to "get into the spirit" of it, because it just shows a complete ignorance for peoples personal lives.

I have to agree with a lot of this. I have experienced upsets and deaths of family members at this time of year as well.

I used to believe more in religion, but I think this current "tenancy" situation has caused me to revise my views. What kind of God would put people (vulnerable) or otherwise into danger time and time again. But then, another part of me thinks ... with existence on planet Earth comes the free will to make decisions, so is it God's fault?? It is very confusing.

Today, despite all I have said above, I wound up in a church - makes no sense at all really, but when do I ever make sense!!

:hahaha:

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

GET IN THERE !! GET FUCKING IN THERE WITH A BRUSH !!

I have managed to get a local Councillor to answer me via email. He is very concerned and will take the landlord issue up as soon as possible!!

Get in there !! Actually sat here crying this morning !! So happy somebody is gonna listen to me.... !! :hahaha:

Wey hey!! Little old me that nobody ever listens to!! Get in there !!

Wey hey !!!!!!!

And a 'phone call from another councillor suggesting an MSP to approach. I have emailed him now. :hahaha:

:hahaha: LOL.. it DOES really !!!!!!!

Seems you can get your msp to raise matters for you - housing = devolved matters.

Other matters are called "reserved" and are for UK parliament... So Cameron must have overall power?!

Seems you can also get a petition going with the Scottish Parliament. Fascinating this... the more I know, the more I want to know. :hahaha:

Met Joe off of playing Scott in Scott Mills The Musical today! Been talking to him on twitter for a while now and when he announced he was gonna be in a production at one of my local theatres I decided to toddle off down there to watch him! It was brilliant. Met up with him afterwards, such a lovely guy. Sadly couldnt stay for long though as he had to say goodbye to some of the child actors whos last night it was and I had to catch the train home.

And I won't sit down,

And I won't shut up,

But most of all I will not grow up <3

• 2 weeks later...

Received letter via MSP... the landlord's practices may be stopped pending further investigations. Jesus. Need to wait.

In the meantime, received word about another property and cousin and I are off to view it this avo. Think we would be best moving forward.

I need to photocopy the correspondence and put it through my neighbour's door in the dark. What a carry on. At least if we can get this resolved, and I can move house, I never need to deal with him again.

Save me from myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...