Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Won wristbands to meet Tyler James off of The Voice! Met him on Saturday! He was very nice but it was a bit awkward for a while when I had to ask someone to go get a pen from another room.. Lols

Oh, and he was performing (miming :P) at Silverburn with Des & Jennie from Capital Scotland's breakfast show!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems my story will be going into the press next Wednesday *fingers crossed* anyway. :-0 That said, by next Wednesday, I won't exactly be little Miss Popularity !! I am rather tired today, but exposing local scandals can be draining....

The scandal is to do with my landlord who has had tenants that keep setting the properties ablaze - if it ever happens during the night, the building will be sky high. They are now saying they are taking the situation "very seriously" (d'uh). However, they have said all this before .... And so, I went to my MP then to the press. With the spotlight right above their heads, it had BETTER be taken seriously now.

Update: photographer has been organised to go with story which it seems WILL be published next Wednesday - I think I will be the talk of the town.

My neighbours, btw, appear to be completely incoherent. The last time I went along to my local police station, fell over on some rocks, and almost wound up in the sea..... when I went to the pool afterwards, some neighbours were floating about on boards, completely oblivious to everybody and everything.

If this doesn't work, it's down the C.A.B., then down the legal route/NATIONAL press. In the words of the "Carpenters" (band from the 70s)... "we've only just begun...........!! "

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

This will probably look like I'm starting an argument, but I actually can't be bothered with one so thats not my aim. However, what exactly does this have to do with you?

Are we talking about a building where the same landlord owns more than one property within it or something? I am very tired as I write this, I'm just not really managing to get my head around someone going to the press on their own landlord thats all.

Not impressed with censorship

This will probably look like I'm starting an argument, but I actually can't be bothered with one so thats not my aim. However, what exactly does this have to do with you?

Are we talking about a building where the same landlord owns more than one property within it or something? I am very tired as I write this, I'm just not really managing to get my head around someone going to the press on their own landlord thats all.

It is really is perfectly simple. Yep, the landlord has control over more than one property. Basically, they are being negligent towards other tenants, and putting us into unnecessary danger / anxiety. There are up to six young children in the building. If we don't do anything, we and they will be killed if there is a gas explosion because of a fire.

I have already had to copy a file I have on this in my hotmail to my friend in London who is gonna go to the police if there is some major incident !!

Hopefully we will be able to finally move house in 2013 before something THIS drastic happens. We need to make moving a COMPLETE mission from now on....

The current situation: My MP informs me the landlord is denying any complaints by residents. However, once this news goes into every paper on every shelf in East Ayrshire, North Ayrshire, West Ayrshire and South Ayrshire, they won't be able to deny complaints any longer.

I know putting your own landlord into the press is slightly drastic, but they really backed us into a corner - they need to get their act together and review their allocation policies. If I (we) can stop some major incident, I think we should do it. I've finally managed to get the backing of another (male) neighbour now. 'Bout time !!

And.... who knows?! Maybe just one of these days I may just be able to log on here feeling just a little less stressed?! Or not feeling like I am about to lose my actual life? Who knows, eh. Gotta just keep on going !! HA!!

, I'm just not really managing to get my head around someone going to the press on their own landlord thats all.

Trust me... You are NOT the only one saying that.... but it's a choice.... do nothing.... tenants get killed (or seriously injured, and lose their homes). Do something.... you gotta a chance of the entire system of allocation policies being reviewed.

I ain't gonna be popular though, by any means.

Ordered a jacket online on Friday night, and there was a postman at my door first thing today handing me it. This was a rather pleasing development in a morning that was fast heading down a very frustrating path arguing with people over facebook regarding a TV license.

Not impressed with censorship