Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a very difficult and very dark few weeks for me which has seen my state of mind go to hell and back on many occasions (would take a very long time to explain why on this thread, may blog about it at a later date) I'm finally starting to feel a bit more like my old self again. It's still very early days and it'll probably be a good few weeks or even months before I'm completely back to normal. But even the most minor of achievements are still achievements at the end of the day... so at the very least I can take some comfort from that.

Congratulations on your 2:1 Emma, I always knew you'd come out with a great mark :D Hope final year wasn't too unbearable for you. And congratulations Bumble on your engagement, all the best to you and the Geek for the future.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I got a start date for training for a new job today. Everything kicks off at the start of next month, just gotta hope they're alright with me having authorised absence from my current employer while I'm in training, I explained to the personel department and I'll get a call back tomorrow, I'll only be doing that while I'm in training thought, once I have passed the tests I'll be leaving my current one with immediate effect.

Not impressed with censorship

Wow congratulations Emma and Bumbly! That's awesome news for both of you :)

This makes me feel old because Emma I remember when you were still at school, and Bumbly first met the geek. I've not been around so much lately though. I can't believe it's 5 years since I left school actually, shortly after I joined this forum.

What rocks for me is that after 18 months of not working, I'm finally back in work. I am just doing temporary data entry type stuff, but it suits me. After my last disastrous office job, I became convinced I'd never be any good for anything, so actually going to work and surviving the day feels like a massive achievement.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Many congratulations to both Bumbly and Ems. What lovely news. :D

Thankyou, it feels so weird now knowing I'm not going back, arrgh!

Fantastic news!! Are you keeping to your word of having the cats as ring bearers?!

Congrats Emma, hope you are out celebrating tonight?!

Thankyou! I still haven't properly properly celebrated as we were all at home for results day, how rubbish was that? Shall be doing it sometime soon, though :D

After a very difficult and very dark few weeks for me which has seen my state of mind go to hell and back on many occasions (would take a very long time to explain why on this thread, may blog about it at a later date) I'm finally starting to feel a bit more like my old self again. It's still very early days and it'll probably be a good few weeks or even months before I'm completely back to normal. But even the most minor of achievements are still achievements at the end of the day... so at the very least I can take some comfort from that.

Congratulations on your 2:1 Emma, I always knew you'd come out with a great mark :D Hope final year wasn't too unbearable for you. And congratulations Bumble on your engagement, all the best to you and the Geek for the future.

Aww thankyou, I hope you're feeling a lot better, now?

Wow congratulations Emma and Bumbly! That's awesome news for both of you :)

This makes me feel old because Emma I remember when you were still at school, and Bumbly first met the geek. I've not been around so much lately though. I can't believe it's 5 years since I left school actually, shortly after I joined this forum.

What rocks for me is that after 18 months of not working, I'm finally back in work. I am just doing temporary data entry type stuff, but it suits me. After my last disastrous office job, I became convinced I'd never be any good for anything, so actually going to work and surviving the day feels like a massive achievement.

Thankyou! I know, time flies, doesn't it?! Congrats on getting back into work - all the more rewarding when you look at it as an achievement!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I'm going to stay in a tent somewhere next week and a barn in Cornwall in about three or four weeks. Err… yay? But I'm going to Butlins in September (for the millionth time)! Yay for The Sun holidays!!

I'm also happy because I felt clever yesterday. I spent loads of time writing a film review and then I got a level 8 for it and me evil English teacher said that a level 8 should mean I'm aiming for an A* at GCSE! Shame I'm just average in everything else - thinking of spending a bit of time this summer doing sone revision and stuff.

But most of all, I'm happy because I got WILL YOUNG TICKETS yesterday! It's at the BIC in October. £70 for two was a bit expensive, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it. I might give my spare ticket to one of my friends for free, even though they don't really like him. Or I could surprise my mum? I was thinking of buying her his new album in August anyway (but I'd put it on my iPod first). I don't know if she even likes him though. WOULD THAT BE REALLY S A D!? Wait, it's pretty sad that I'm going to see him anyway… If I took my mum, I suppose I could just pretend I'm only going for her… *Random thought process*

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.