Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;388183']They just look like they're jumping on the 3D bandwagon though. How can you experience 3D on such a small screen? It's only really IMAX that does good 3D effects. I'd rather have a Wii or something.

the screen is a decent size for a hand-held & it's for games not movies' date=' it will take 3D photo's though, i do agree that IMAX is the best way to watch movies in 3D & 2D, i have also used 3D TV's at Gadget Show Live & one of the best was a £2300 Samsung 50" & it worked really well but you had to use the glasses, but LED back-lit TV's are on the way with screens like the ones used in the 3DS so you won't need the glasses, the 3DS is just the first step.

i have a Wii & it's great, but i don't use it as much now as i have a Xbox Kinect :)

3D = FAD. It failed once already. Interactive entertainment may be the way to go to utilize it properly, but I don't think it's really needed for a handheld, I'd just be thinkin what's the point?

i slightly agree, also 3D for 3D sake is crap like movies that are converted for 3D in post-production, if your going to make a 3D movie then film it in 3D in the first place, as i said above the 3DS is a easy & cheap way to get into 3D they are looking at having movies playing on it & the screen size is no different to the likes of the iphone, also Apple are looking into 3D now.

:)

3D = FAD.

I totally agree. Animated/GCI films in 3D? Bring it on! Generic tv shows and "real life" films in 3D? no thank you.

I just don't see the need in doing it most of the time, its like film companies are doing it just because they have the technology available. I'm quite fortunate in that I have a Cineworld card so I only have to pay £1.50 to see a 3D film (on top of the montly membership cost of unlimited), but I have friends who don't and a 3D film can be very expensive for them to go and see. I also don't like having to put them on top of my normal glasses, when I went to see Tron the other week I ended up taking them off to watch the 2D bits because I was finding it so irritable. I wanted to go and see Green Hornet yesterday as I had the day off and nothing to do but in the end I didnt bother because the cinema isnt showing the 2D version any more.

I think HD and Blu-ray is definitly the way forward in terms of technology but I really hope this obsession TV companies/manufacturers and the film industry has will calm down

Not impressed with censorship

Thing is some film companies are using it as an excuse to whine even more about piracy cutting into profits 'because the movie costs so much more to make'... while they make movies that keep breaking records for takings... Way I figure it, if things were as bad as that, the companies would have gone bust long ago.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the NY Jets last night, now the Superbowl in a couple of weeks is between them and the Green Bay Packers, it can ONLY be awesome :D (so good that I actually like both teams and am undecided on which one to root for more, will probably be happy either way really as long as it's a good game, which it looks set to be)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

• 2 weeks later...

Aha it's me I am back after a loooong absence. What rocks? Well... I live in an awesome house share (We had a problem with housemates.... They trashed the house and threatened to kill me and thankfully they are gone) I have awesome new housemates. I have a gorgeous boyfriend. I am doing a spot of modelling. I am happy. (Hopefully) Old miserable Danni has gone and new happy Danni (or Kitty as people call me these days) is here.

I still don't have a computer but I have my Galaxy S which is good enough hehe.

Danni is back!

Kitty <3

• 2 weeks later...