Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

From 4 October 2010 your practical driving test will include a section of ‘independent driving’.During your test you’ll have to drive by either following a series of directions, following traffic signs, or a combination of both, for about ten minutes.

To help you understand where you’re going, the examiner may show you a diagram.

It doesn't matter if you don't remember every direction, or if you go the wrong way - that can happen to the most experienced drivers.

Independent driving is not a test of your orientation and navigation skills. Driving independently means making your own decisions - this includes deciding when it’s safe and appropriate to ask for confirmation about where you’re going.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_188282

I suppose it does make it a little more relevant... although with some of the news stories that pop up from time to time you'd think they need to add in 'Driving safely with a SatNav' too.

Anyways, back on topic now, picked up some train tickets today for a trip next weekend :D (sorta scraping the barrel a little? :P)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats. I take it your actual test won't have the new 'Independent Driving' section in (that comes in October, apparently)? You'll probably be one of the last ones not to have to do it :)

Thanks! Oh Lord, I hope I don't have to do that, it looks confusing!

Yeah, congrats!

Woo! Well done! Not long and you'll have the world at your hand/feet/wheel
Congrats., Emma!! :hahaha:

Right, today is lovely and warm, and I'm going to the countryside later with my friend!! We're gonna go sunbathing and can hardly wait!! :hahaha:

Thankyou my lovelies! :hahaha:

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

The Hoff comes to Zurich!! I want to go and see him, because after the show he signs cards and everything, and I want to ask him, what it was like to meet Scott :D. Ok, I met Scott too, but that's a bit different... ;)

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

i recently had some form of attack on my pc, which installed some fake anti virus software which "scanned" my computer. telling me i had lots of viruses and tryed to direct me to a website to pay for the software, until avg blocked it. i couldn't even boot up task manager or msconfig, so i had to boot in safe mode and clean it that way.

proud of my skills but i'd love to find whoever creates these viruses, and harm them.

on the grid.

i recently had some form of attack on my pc, which installed some fake anti virus software which "scanned" my computer. telling me i had lots of viruses and tryed to direct me to a website to pay for the software, until avg blocked it. i couldn't even boot up task manager or msconfig, so i had to boot in safe mode and clean it that way.

proud of my skills but i'd love to find whoever creates these viruses, and harm them.

I had the same one...

What rocks in my life is I'm in Scotland, yay, and I've been to Edinburgh. Sadly, because I'm not really able to listen to the show right now, I don't know how to get tickets to the Mills shows :( But I've been to the Fringe, and it was amazing, and I'm going again tomorrow or Thursday.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

I had the same one...

What rocks in my life is I'm in Scotland, yay, and I've been to Edinburgh. Sadly, because I'm not really able to listen to the show right now, I don't know how to get tickets to the Mills shows :( But I've been to the Fringe, and it was amazing, and I'm going again tomorrow or Thursday.

Should we post where Beccy is, so you can get them when you're there?

Ohai.

;377088']Should we post where Beccy is' date=' so you can get them when you're there?[/quote']

Is it Beccy today? Because I don't really want to go anywhere today (I was in Falkirk, and that cost me some money, now I'm trying to save it).

It would be nice, if you would post some updates, though. I might not see them, or be able to make it, but it's worth a try :)

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot