Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started volunteering in a charity shop. It's nearly 3 months since I last worked and I was very anxious about how I'd manage going out and being around other people in a place of work again. I'm finding it quite enjoyable and it is stopping me from blaming myself for being useless and reducing the negative thoughts I have about myself. I actually quite enjoy sorting through other people's junk they've donated and deciding whether things are saleable or not. I've also been going to the gym and I can feel that I am fitter and stronger. I'm going to be spending a few days in the Peak District with my best friend at the end of this month so I've set that as a target to get fitter for. After several months of doing very little, I'd got pretty weak.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I'm glad you're back out there!! How many hours are you doing in this shop per week?

I did 1 hour on Monday as a trial, did 4 hours yesterday, will probably do 3 or 4 hours on Friday. Then next week I'm not sure yet. I'm trying to get used to being out and doing stuff before I work out how many hours I'll do in a normal week. It is good to be back out there and interacting with people other than my doctor and counsellor.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

£80 sunglasses.

:| Unless you're going abroad that's £80 that would be better spent in the pub.

What rocks for me? I'm finally starting to get my f*cked sleeping pattern back on track. No more getting up at 3pm and going to bed at 6am for me (even though it was totally awesome for a short while).

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

History and French exams are over, I'm doing my maths exam in a week. And that's it. No more exams except the oral Danish exam in June.

I'm getting really close to the end now, it's a bit weird, but it's a good weird :)

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

• 2 weeks later...