Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting a new car on march 1st!! mazda mx5 1.8 from 2004, convertable. paid £1,080 on insurance, fully comp. paying £5,200 for the car itself. i can't wait!

i should fetch around £700 - £800 for my well looked after saxo here's hoping. served me well over the last 3 years, i'll be sad to see it go.

on the grid.

Oooh I'm jealous, I love these cars! I know absolutely nothing about cars but my friend used to have one of these and it was gorgeous.

good thing is that it's been next door all it's life, so i know that it hasn't been ran into the ground and is looked after. only done 24,000 miles and it's nearly 6 years old. had a drive in it too last night, and it feels pretty quick. i'll post some pictures when i get it, roll on march 1st!

on the grid.

mazda mx5 1.8 from 2004

You'll have fun in that! Seriously. Great fun cars - even in winter with the lid off and the heater on at night... (can you tell I miss my old car?!)

If you've never driven a rear-wheel-drive car before though, might be worth investing in a day out on a skid pan as it'll be a handful in the wet/ice/snow, and that'll help keep your insurance costs down.

Be sure to post some pics when you've got it

Wow, that's a really low mileage, looking forward to seeing the pics. What colour is it?

it's black!

You'll have fun in that! Seriously. Great fun cars - even in winter with the lid off and the heater on at night... (can you tell I miss my old car?!)

If you've never driven a rear-wheel-drive car before though, might be worth investing in a day out on a skid pan as it'll be a handful in the wet/ice/snow, and that'll help keep your insurance costs down.

Be sure to post some pics when you've got it

i drove my dads c180 merc in the recent bad weather a few times, i know it's quite difficult but i'll get used to it. i'm already loving the idea of a convertable, i think even whatever car i have after the mx5 will even be one. maybe a tvr or lotus by then. i'll definatley get photos up when i get it. i'd take some now, but it would look strange standing on next doors drive taking pics of a car...

on the grid.