Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performed our live assignments yesterday. Went well, all in all. The team really pulled through and did a great job.

The lecturer was happy with my presenting (said I was a "really talented presenter"), and he's a guy who works on Radio (I think) 4, so I'm not taking his word lightly there. He wasn't impressed with the amount of scripting I did though; said it was piss-take levels (and it was, really - 4 pages for a 15 minute show) and I was lucky to have a good guest who didn't sound scripted - even those she was the most scripted - otherwise I would have been marked down.

I definitely passed, though, and he left me a very nice message on Facebook saying that he was a fan of mine and hoped I didn't take anything to heart (I did suggest that his rant was on the lines of "you deserve AIDS for scripting so much" but that's my sense of humour as opposed to being upset or angry over it) because he likes my work. So all in all, it was a success. I passed, I earned the respect of a very talented producer, I learned what to and what not to do with live radio ("it's live radio, not radio drama"), I made some new friends out of it all, and I gained some much needed confidence back. Win-win.

see, I would have been lazy and just done a clean install of Windows 7 instead of running it off a virtual machine.

Can I have a cookie anyway?

Ahh, thats the thing. I have a clean install anyway. However, my Mobile Broadband HATES it, but loves Ubuntu, so, since the VM doesn't directly use the Mobile Broadband, I can use normal speed net in Windows 7. Bit Jerry-rigged but at least I can put new music on my iPod again ^.^

And yes you can have a cookie xD

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

That was certainly not on my plans, still gotta actually ask her if she wants to meet me. She's been emailin for a few weeks then started textin last week so thats hopefully a good sign

hope it goes well for you. if it works out i may have to try it, I'm running out of other options.

on the grid.

Well I was hopin I'd meet someone through a friend or when I was up town 1 night but when the nights out dried up I decided to give it a shot. Theres a lot of rude people out there I'll warn you that; people who read messages and dont reply to them, others who stop speakin when they what you look like, some people who are only after 1 thing etc.#

This 1 seems really nice though, just gotta get up the courage to ask her if she wants to meet me

Not impressed with censorship

Should I get Windows 7 tech people?

depends on how much it will cost you.

Seem to have got a slight bit of luck with this internet datin business, although its ridiculously early to say if its gonna go anywhere. But unless I've got it all wrong, she might be interested :D

good luck hope it goes well :)

:)

That was certainly not on my plans, still gotta actually ask her if she wants to meet me. She's been emailin for a few weeks then started textin last week so thats hopefully a good sign

From experience, don't get your hopes too high. Them bitches be e-mailing, texting, webcamming, and then they fuck up and it all goes to shit.

My cursor is a dinosaur now who walks everywhere. It's quite distracting but very awesome.

I know the one. They are very distracting. My cursor is the standard one, but its 'tail' waggles. Not quite as distracting, but still entertaining.

What rocks in my life is that I just got an A* for my Maths GCSE! I'm soo happy I could burst! :D

My goodness, that's a pretty funky donkey!

Well the girls I've been emailing/texting has said she'd like to meet me so thats all good, just gotta wait on her finding out when shes free because shes about to start a placement as part of her uni thing.

Also I've got a new team to back in this years BTCC after VXRacing pulled out :D

Not impressed with censorship

It's not often i post in here but...

I am in an amazing mood. I was allowed my savings from my dad today (It was only £180, but hey ho, its money) With i managed to get a new camers... this one in fact... and as i have a discount card for boots, i got his camera and a leather kodak case for £80... bargain... and then i got some clothes (jeans, top, trilby hat, underwear), and a hair cut and i still have £25 left over...

The clothes and the hair cut were to make me feel better about my black eye as i have been quite self concious about it. It has worked so far :D .

Kitty <3