4th August to 8th August 2008

craigh

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha, 'The Island'. It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where they keep getting drugged to stop them leaving...the Island. I keep hearing it in a very sinister sense.

I'm a little dissapointed that my birthday Number 1 is now going to be Kid Rock instead of Dizzie Rascal.

People from the island are totally inbred, don't know about "corkheads" though.

Edit: Yep, it's "the island". There are no other islands anywhere, fact!

I think it's just slang used to refer to people from the IOW, the only google reference is this - http://www.voy.com/76334/16.html.

Think we'd better inform the Ibiza bunch about this...:D

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Congratulations on your 1000th post Owen.

I don't really get the deal with this Portsmouth-Southampton rivalry. Come to think of it though, I'm not sure I've ever been to either. They're not even that far away. Not been to the Isle of Wight, seems to be a bit of a rich people's holiday/weekend home sort of place though, so I can understand why the locals might resent them.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I don't really get the deal with this Portsmouth-Southampton rivalry. Come to think of it though, I'm not sure I've ever been to either.

Same here, it is quite amusing when So'ton and Pompey people trade insults though for some mad reason.

Over here we call people from Newport "townies", although its not really an insult, more of a fact hehe.

kyliewilson.png

I don't really get the deal with this Portsmouth-Southampton rivalry. Come to think of it though, I'm not sure I've ever been to either. They're not even that far away. Not been to the Isle of Wight, seems to be a bit of a rich people's holiday/weekend home sort of place though, so I can understand why the locals might resent them.

Ha, not so much rich. But some people are just funny like that, I know they are in West Wales too.

We went there for a weekend, unbeknown to us that the Isle of Wight festival was going on that very weekend. A ferry trip with hundreds of students wasn't so fun.

Over here we call people from Newport "townies", although its not really an insult, more of a fact hehe.

Poor Newport trying to redefine it's image at the moment. I remember Alan Carr saying you'd get an STD just by going there :D

http://forum.weebls-stuff.com/showthread.php?t=66325

I don't really understand why it's still ongoing, but it's ingrained into anyone from either city. I run a So'ton related facebook group and I get shedloads of abuse on it from people from Portsmouth. I've given up trying to be nice and am just rude back. It's all harmless really, but there's always a few who take it too far.

Those regional nicknames Scott just read out are amazing! Ours seem tame compared to them. ;)