Unofficial Mills

Friends Movie on the way?

YoppaDo

A report published in The Daily Mail has announced to the world that a Friends movie, long rumoured, will arrive 'within the next 18 months'. It would seem that the vast success of Sex And The City: The Movie (which has already made over $300 million) has tempted the Friends sextuplet to reprise their roles as Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Ross, Joey and Chandler.

The 'source' reports: "Jennifer, Courteney and the rest of the cast are keen to reprise their roles, under the right circumstances.

"The box office success of Sex And The City has really got their wheels spinning about how a Friends film could be just as big, if done right."

Whether it's done right or not is surely a bit of an irrelevance at this point. What's set the wheels in motion, should the news be true, is an extraordinary payday for all involved. Sex And The City was guaranteed its huge success on the back of six series and an army of fans. Friends ran for 11 years, picking up some of US TV's highest recorded viewing figures.

Source: http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/movies/galleries/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=7379603

If they really do manage to pull this off correctly, I think I'll embarrass myself with excitement, and my friends will get annoyed at my constant banter about it.

• 2 weeks later...