Unofficial Mills

Nihal, Vernon & Fearne to cover Edith

James R

What I don't understand is that Fearne was supposed to be LEAVING the station but then she wasn't able to get things in order with her working visa in the US. What's the standing on that now? What would happen if she got the okay in the middle of all this?

Rumours from the newspapers. I don't think anyone said she'd be leaving, she was just considering taking up a role in America.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours from the newspapers. I don't think anyone said she'd be leaving, she was just considering taking up a role in America.

She wouldn't be able to just go back and forth now, would she? Just wasting $1,000 a week going back and forth. I'm honestly glad she didn't come over here, it would have been hard for her to make it.

you don't sound bitter about it not being greg in the slightest... :D

Hahahahahahahaha. Yeah, sorry.

I just don't see the point to put Fearne on, she's never there for her own shows a lot of the times (well, not lately) and it's been like this ever since Reggie and her used to do Early Breakfast together. I remember when Reggie did the whole week by himself and then she popped back in to do Friday's show with him.

And, now seeing that Nihal has been doing so many different slots, I think they may be overworking him a bit. What happens if Colin doesn't show up for one day? He isn't going to be expected to do two cover slots in one day. Rob Da Bank could always cover for Colin again, I suppose.

And then, there's Vernon who a lot of times doesn't go in because he's doing other work. I fear that it's going to get to a point where Reggie is going to have to cover for him and be expected to do the Request Show six hours later. Once Reggie didn't even show up on time, let's not hope that happens again.

I do think that Chappers and Dave are going to be called in a lot more often though, seeing as all these people do so much other than their radio work. There's no way Annie Mac or Nick Grimshaw can do anymore. If you could tell by this week's Early Breakfast, Nick was constantly pressing wrong buttons, yawning, complaining, and just overall very uninterested.

Hahahahahahahaha. Yeah, sorry...

I don't really see the problem. Nihal is doing a month, Vernon and Fearne are alternating for the next two months. I can't imagine Radio 1 will go to pot because of it.

Was James King on crack when he said we'd like the covers? Also, why has everyone started to like Nihal? He's still rubbish. And didn't Vernon want more time with his family or something? And didn't Fearne want more time with the camera and her cats?

Fen and Bayles

Wednesday - 6pm

www.radiocabin.co.uk

Pfffffffffffffffff bloody Fearne. I thought the Yanks had taken her off of our hands.

Nihal and Vernon I'm more than happy with on the other hand. Nihal grows on you Hannah, honestly. He's really quite sweet.

No Greg?:(

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Pleased about the vernon choice, though wont be tuning into Nihal. i agree with Jono - he is good on weekend breakfast but dont bring him to daytime - he just doesnt have it!

To be honest i would rather listen to Fearne than Nihal in Ediths slot. Niha is just quite boring.

All ive ever heard Nihal do is read out texts for 3 hours, sigh and go dear, dear when he does that where is the love thing so i dont think i will be tuning in to him although i suppose its only fair to give him a try and see what hes like in Ediths slot.

Fearnes emphasis on random words really, really annoys me so i will leave her out.

Although I've mentioned Nihal wasn't that great on Scott's show, I think he has done a good job of covering for Edith before. As has Vernon. So I am looking forward to that. I've yet to see what Fearne will be like, but I just can't imagine her as someone 'settled' enough for Edith's show.

She has enthusiasm that works well for the pre-teens at weekends - but is this really what lunchtime workers want? But then let us remember that it's the school holidays and there will be plenty of kids prepared to listen.

As Fearne and Reggie are pulling a large amount in the chart show RAJARs each quarter, bosses must know what they're doing by putting her on during July and August.

Unfortunately, in the eyes of the bosses, those that listen the other ten months a year will be a minority when it comes to the school holidays.