Unofficial Mills

Jo Whiley annoys me!

SexyWelshLuke

Mark and lard were class as far as im concerned .

In one of their shows they played Pink Floyd's 'Time' in its entirety - all 7mins 21 seconds of it!!! LEGENDS!! Can you imagine Whiley doin that?? Hell no she'd rather play a useless live lounge gold from the pansies that are the feeling or someone.

Annie Mac will do - she's lush!!:D

• 13 years later...

Well folks, it's now 2021, and to paraphrase Paul Simon, 'Still annoying .. after all these years'. 

I've tried to like her - I really have.

Fundamentally, it's to do with striking a pose whereby she wants to be mainstream, and yet somehow 'above' the mainstream, at the very same time.

She just about pulls that off on telly, because she still looks kind of cute in a pair of wellies. Back on the wireless, however, it's insufferable.

Thank goodness for Janice Long on Radio Wales ...

@Old Codger Fan pretty subjective thing caught bits of Jo Whiley before she seemed good to me at broadcasting and takes talent to meet sort of a less mainstream sound on mainstream radio. I do see that in a decade Clara could take her slot. She seems good to me think however radio 2 could have more of the classic anthems or sounds hear on 6 music maybe at evenings so they can explore more new music tho.

@Old Codger Fan pretty subjective thing caught bits of Jo Whiley before she seemed good to me at broadcasting and takes talent to meet sort of a less mainstream sound on mainstream radio. I do see that in a decade Clara could take her slot. She seems good to me think however radio 2 could have more of the classic anthems or sounds hear on 6 music maybe at evenings so they can explore more new music tho.

I found I come around to why some people found Maya Jama annoying but find that more on TV than on Radio found that with AJ Odudu. But think for me one of the most annoying voices heard on station was when Luke Franks about 4 5 years ago sort of at time when Jordan North was coming up as next thing tiny bit before Arrielle and they did a podcast together for the station I’m pleased that wasn’t made permanent. Found time from time Cel Spellman would be annoying but same time he was ok. 

I think some staff on Radio 2 seems more cheesy for my liking but not their audience do find their ad on telly bit cringe. But least with comparison to Capital they do avoid keeping the annoying presenters away or not making it their brand like that Capital Breakfast ad.

3 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

I found I come around to why some people found Maya Jama annoying but find that more on TV than on Radio found that with AJ Odudu. But think for me one of the most annoying voices heard on station was when Luke Franks about 4 5 years ago sort of at time when Jordan North was coming up as next thing tiny bit before Arrielle and they did a podcast together for the station I’m pleased that wasn’t made permanent. Found time from time Cel Spellman would be annoying but same time he was ok. 

I think some staff on Radio 2 seems more cheesy for my liking but not their audience do find their ad on telly bit cringe. But least with comparison to Capital they do avoid keeping the annoying presenters away or not making it their brand like that Capital Breakfast ad.

Yep a lot of R2 is definitely cheesy, completely agree with you there. Doubt I'll ever 'move' to R2 from R1...

Maya's voice was OK on R1 IMO, but it was the words she said that were often ill-thought through. And let's not even think about her technical skills, even towards the end of her time there she was still technically poor which just made her show even more cringe-worthy.