Unofficial Mills

wing is rubbish!

eliav-z

You should have been there at the Big Weekend. It went from being a jokey sort of atmosphere to more of a celebration of Wing and what she does. I felt quite sorry for her actually as she looked petrified. I'm glad everyone was nice about her.

Have you not read the other threads/references to her on UM? She has a large following here.

It's tongue in cheek humour. Having said that, she is a really endearing sweet lady and it's great to see her having a bit of fun, hopefully earning a bit of cash and gaining her 15 minutes of fame.:)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Wing isn't rubbish. Maybe she isn't a talented singer, but she does what she likes to do, and I think we can all feel that she really loves music. She's also very sweet and charming - I just love the interviews Scott has made with her so far.

And don't we all like a bit of a laugh every now and then? ;)

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

I dont think its supposed to be funny. She is doing something she likes to do, perhaps her fame before Scott discovered her, was more to do with laughter etc, but I think its more important that she loves doing what she does, and a lot of people love her for doing it.

If everyone thought she was rubbish, that stage wouldnt have probably had its largest audience for the entire day, and I think it is evident from that support, a lot of people love Wing, like most of us here at UM!

wow... five minutes after posting the thread so many replies!!!. thanks

from what i've heard on the podcast shes rubbish. maybe actually hearing her live in front of me.......

but shes still crap. why ruin good songs?

Are you familiar with Bob Dylan? He saw fit to ruin his own beautifully written songs by singing them himself, rather than giving them away to someone who could actually sing. His is one of the worst voices I have ever heard, yet he seems to have done quite well for himself. I have learnt to love his stuff though.

Maybe Wing is merely an acquired taste.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Guest CancerForTheCure

Wing is rubbish? That's very controversial :shock:

The thing about her is that she's very different to everything we are surrounded by right now, and that's exactly what we needed. Did anyone think the Ladies' Bras was a good song in terms of music? No, but people downloaded it because it was unique and humorous (and because Scott told us to :P). It's the same with Tay Zonday, Yo Gabba Gabba etc. I'm not sure if you've seen American Beauty but one of my favourite quotes of all times comes from it - I don't think there's anything worse than being ordinary.

I love Wing. She is so comical and sooo cute.

Wing isn't rubbish. Maybe she isn't a talented singer, but she does what she likes to do, and I think we can all feel that she really loves music. She's also very sweet and charming - I just love the interviews Scott has made with her so far.

And don't we all like a bit of a laugh every now and then?

fine- you have won me over.....she does do what she likes doing, and that does take courage.

BTW-

Did anyone think the Ladies' Bras was a good song in terms of music? No, but people downloaded it because it was unique and humorous (and because Scott told us to )
i thought it was amazing!

I think that she knows that she is so bad, and the "funny" thing she has a CD! will you buy it?

She has many cd's. And I am probably going to buy some of her songs for my party next month :D

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot