Unofficial Mills

Most Boring Crowd Ever

jc2008

Have been watching the coverage on BBC over the weekend, and although the bands/performers were amazing, I think the crowd really let themselves down. I have never seen such a boring unmoved crowd in all my life!

What a contrast to coverage previously shown when OBW was held in Cardiff, Dundee and Londonderry with the crowd bouncing up and down going crazy as one big sea of people. How surreal watching the cameras panning over the crowd to see everyone standing still! Never in my life have I seen a festival crowd so inanimate!! How you can stop yourself leaping up and down with your hands in the air to the likes of the Fratellis, Raconteurs etc. is beyond me. Can people in Kent not dance? This carried on throughout the weekend - even the much hyped Madonnas crowd looked like a scene from Dawn of the Dead. What is wrong with these people?

Maybe this is what comes with holding it so close to London. Unimpressed, boring crowds whove seen it all before?

So please Radio 1, next year, hold it somewhere where people will appeciate the event and really enjoy themselves

Actually, I wouldnt let the cameras speak for all of it. From what I experienced the crowd were very much involved. The crowd for Justice and Pendulum made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Even the crowd for Nelly, who I am no big fan of, got those hairs standing. I think the crowds were brilliant and I have seen some bands and artists before this weekend who havent got smaller crowds going.

Actually, I wouldnt let the cameras speak for all of it. From what I experienced the crowd were very much involved. The crowd for Justice and Pendulum made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Even the crowd for Nelly, who I am no big fan of, got those hairs standing. I think the crowds were brilliant and I have seen some bands and artists before this weekend who have got even larger crowds going.

Agreed with that they were amazing!

The main stage always sucks.

By the looks of things it was like a furnace in the tents as everyone just looked drained especially the fat man out of Hot Chip. Katie Ting Ting looked knackered after one song

It was, I know I keep raving on about Pendulum and Justice, but when Pendulum played, as soon as you got into the tent it was like a sauna. Everyone was dripping with sweat and I did see a few people having to be carried out by friends. Even the main stage at times got hot, but did have a nice breeze coming through ocasionally!

The cameras lie then. But considering this is the hottest one yet I would like to think that played a part. I think there was a lot of bland bands in the main stage tent. You can hardly rock to Duffy or OneRepublic. But elsewhere it was truly rocking. So leave the crowds alone!

How you can stop yourself leaping up and down with your hands in the air to the likes of the Fratellis, Raconteurs etc. is beyond me.

I was down the front for Raconteurs and everyone was dancing so I don't know what you were watching but it certainly doesn't sound like the same performance I was at!