Unofficial Mills

Big Weekend TV & Radio Coverage

I've enjoyed hearing the DJs enjoying themselves on the radio coverage today, it really must be like Reading and Leeds feeling this year with the lovely weather and they seem to all be so happy and excited despite all their years in the music business. I loved Jo's description of her dress as grey and silky and "very forgiving", Too. :)

I just watched Usher on Red Button, he was excellent despite mic difficulties. Not really my type of music but he is a really good artist and so professional.

I was wondering what everyone else is enjoying on the TV and Radio coverage? I'm looking forward to BBC3 at 7pm, have even SKY+'d Doctor Who so I can watch the Big Weekend - hows that for dedication!

UM is a nice place

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Madonna now - I hadn't realised she could play the guitar. She certainly looks very physically fit.

The staging of her numbers is as good as anything you'd see anywhere, I realise this is in big part down to Madonna herself but I'm sure the effects couldn't have been accomplished as well if it wasn't for the excellent work of the BBC.

UM is a nice place

I know what you mean Jono I had that feeling last year, and even now watching them on TV I can't really relate to having seen them live. They tend to get a big sing along atmosphere going which feels really good, but then watching it back it seems a bit different without the togetherness of the crowd. :)

I'm watching Editors on red button now - they're excellent! I hadn't realised how good they are live.

UM is a nice place

What was the best part of the day Jono? I really enjoyed Ting Tings and Madonna on t' telly. Thanks for your coverage btw. Shame about the photos. Did you actually get a chance to speak to Scott today?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

What was the best part of the day Jono? I really enjoyed Ting Tings and Madonna on t' telly. Thanks for your coverage btw. Shame about the photots. Did you actually get a chance to speak to Scott today?

A LOT of people left when Madonna had done a few songs. I left too as it was dark and quite cold. Highlights for me was the Mills vs Lowe sound clash, Ting Tings and celebrity spotting as my Twitter page shows!

Yes I did speak to Scott in the guest area but he seemed to be stopped by so many I left him to it. Apparently I'm on his interviews list tomorrow. Looking forward to getting to go to the press area!

I'm gutted to have missed seeing Jo dressed as a banana, I hope that will be repeated at some point. If not I'll have to hunt for it on Youtube.

I hope you have a great time in the Press area tomorrow Jono - I can't wait to read the stories and interviews you're going to send us. :)

PS I'd like you to give Scott my love, thank you please. 8)

UM is a nice place