Unofficial Mills

Jo Whiley announces pregnancy

KingTutsWWH

No offence, I had Jo Whiley as being a bit too old to be having babies now!

Congratulations to her though.

I'm quite gutted, she's irreplaceable. Looks like Annie Mac or Sara Cox as they'll both be free come September.

It won't be the same without the Christmas stories she puts on each year.

RADIO 1 DJ JO WHILEY is pregnant with her fourth child.

The gravely-voiced star announced her 'unexpected' news live on air during her breakfast show this morning.

Jo - mum to INDIA, JUDE and CASSIUS with husband Steve Morton - said: “It was very unexpected but it’s very exciting.

"We don’t know the sex. When we were in the doctors, they asked if we wanted to find out the sex and we had a big argument about it in the middle of the surgery!

“I am a baby machine - there is an army of children in our family! There are loads of people at Radio 1 who are pregnant now – me, Edith Bowman, Sara Cox – Radio 1 is a very fertile place at the moment!

"Every day is fat day for me at the moment - I can't stop eating food!"

After the 42-year-old presenter made the announcement, Jo’s fellow DJ CHRIS MOYLES joked he was the father of the child and had already come up with a unique name for the unborn tot.

He said: “Well, you know how Victoria and David Beckham called their son Brooklyn because that is where he was conceived?

"Well I think we should name ours after where it was conceived too. So I thought ‘stationery cupboard’!”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1140802.ece

Congratulations to Jo... but spare a thought for the poor management team at R1.

3 of their major female presenters pregnant in the same year! Who on earth will cover? all the male presenters will have to be working double shifts!

And to add into the mix, does anyone seriously think Sara will want to cover a daytime show and work 5 days instead of her usual 2 when she returns in september?

And to add into the mix, does anyone seriously think Sara will want to cover a daytime show and work 5 days instead of her usual 2 when she returns in september?

Surely it's better than working weekends?

I think Sara Cox will be good in the Whiley slot if thats what R1 decide. Surely her daughter will be school come september? Sara is an excellent Presenter. They might even get some new presenters in, you never know?

507033771.183.1247039672.png

I think Sara Cox will be good in the Whiley slot if thats what R1 decide. Surely her daughter will be school come september? Sara is an excellent Presenter. They might even get some new presenters in, you never know?

The baby won't though will it...