Unofficial Mills

The Kooks start some beef with Fratellis

Jono

The Kooks frontman Luke Pritchard has said that he “really hates” The Fratellis new single, ‘Mistress Mabel’.

Although Pritchard said he thought the Fratellis were a good band he admitted to feeling “really miffed” by the band’s new song.

Speaking to the BBC, Pritchard also spoke about the Kooks' upcoming appearance at Radio 1’s One Big Weekend in Kent.

As previously reported, the band are scheduled to co-headline the event this weekend alongside Madonna.

“To be honest I would have kind of liked to see her so I was pretty annoyed,” Pritchard said about the line up, which sees them close the event on Sunday.

“It would have been better if we were on before her,” he added.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/42975/luke-prichard-i-really-hate-the-new-fratellis-song

I quite like the poll at the bottom of the page. They want to know whether you agree with the song being rubbish or whether the band are just rubbish full stop. Nice to see balance there :confused:

Guest CancerForTheCure

As much as I love the Fratellis it's not the best song they've done. I thought it was McFly first time I heard it...

if bands were cars the kooks would probably be a peugeot and the fratellis more like an aston martin

they're just jealous... seriously just cos their new single sucks and they cant repeat the success of album number 1 (i was a big fan) =]

Usher has an album coming out called Here I Stand.

The Fratellis have an album coming out shortly afterwards called Here We Stand.

Strange coincidence?

The new Fratellis song isn't one of their best but it's better than the Kooks new song - at least it has some intelligible words.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'