Unofficial Mills

Age Restrictions etc...

RyanG

Hey everyone!! I'm a newbie around these parts but I need a few questions asked if that's OK...

Basically, my friend and I are both 15, and only one of us has a pair of tickets (which are for the Sunday).

My question lies with anyone who went to Preston last year, or the year before that, or even before that.

See, I think it is kind of silly, the chances of getting tickets are one in half a million, right? So if you were a 15 year old like myself :D and got tickets for such an event, would you risk going with someone who is also 15?

I just think its a bit over secure and silly to have any child under 16 accompanied, as many parents would rather be relaxing on a Sunday. Of course, it does not have to be parents, anyone over 18 can take me or my friend, but as I have heard over the past few years, a two year gap has often led to the security people thinking, "Nah, just let them through". Or at least I hope so.

Tell me, is this event going to be strict with determining whether a teenager looks old enough to be unaccompanied? I REALLY want to go! I am aware they may scan for tickets, which is not a problem, but I guess it all lies with the security and how they deal with the crowds arriving at 12 noon that day.

So, do you think its worth it for me and my friend (who actually look 16 by the way) to try and get in?

Then again, I guess we could grab some random gig-goer on the day who happens to be over 18 and say, "He's with us".

I hope some of you can answer my question, I'd really appreciate it.

Much thanks,

Ryan

To be honest, I doubt they'd bother asking you for ID/turning you away if you're 15, as most people my age generally look older (bar an unlucky minority), I suspect it's more aimed at tweenies who can't exactly be unaccompanied.

I suggest befriending someone in the queue who you can go in with, just in case.

I'm assuming you're in year eleven, do you not have exams starting the next day?