Unofficial Mills

Have you got tickets?

Jono

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got me a pair for Sunday.

I reckon most went for Saturday to see Madonna but as there are better bands playing on Sunday, I though my chances would be much improved. I am still amazed I am one of the lucky ones 8)

Out of interest are you located in Maidstone? Or one of the very lucky ones outside of the town?

I got my pair of Sunday tickets in the post this morning :hahaha:, wasnt really expecting to get them as i live in southwest london, i feel bad for the people in Maidstone that didnt get tickets, but they did say that allocation was random but in favour of local postcodes?I dont know how so many maidstone people could miss out if this was so , anyway im not complaining it will be a nice day out hopefully not raining for too much of the day!!

Does anyone know how long the music goes on for?ie what time it all wraps up...

i feel bad for the people in Maidstone that didnt get tickets, but they did say that allocation was random but in favour of local postcodes?I dont know how so many maidstone people could miss out if this was so

Apprently someone mixed the postcodes up and they gave priority to a county close-by, a lot of the people of Maidstone are up in arms, I would be too if I lived there!

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

Apprently someone mixed the postcodes up and they gave priority to a county close-by, a lot of the people of Maidstone are up in arms, I would be too if I lived there!

Where did you read that? I don't believe it. There's always a bunch of bitter people making conspiracy theories up.

To be fair it was facebook. :oops:

But the guy is in so much anguish that he is making a petition, willing people to stop the Big Weekend. Which is a bit over-the-top in my opinion.

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

Guest CancerForTheCure
To be fair it was facebook. :oops:

But the guy is in so much anguish that he is making a petition, willing people to stop the Big Weekend. Which is a bit over-the-top in my opinion.

I'd laugh if he did manage to stop the Big Weekend - how absurd would that be :D

At the end of the day even if it's true, Radio 1 is national. It isn't as if the whole event is exclusive to just Maidstone. I can see their disappointment but enough people in the Kent region have said they got tickets.

Pfft, what is he trying to uncover... some giant BBC conspiracy? I highly doubt the beeb have been untoward in this to the scale some facebook comments I have read suggest.

I doubt all 80k residents of Maidstone applied, probably more confined to the age groups of 16-35 which is about 26k people, and I still doubt further that all of those applied as this event wont appeal to everyone within that group.

If it gets taken down further and actually worked out, the likelihood of a Maidstone resident knowing many another residents with a ticket is looking pretty low. Probably will find a lot more people outside of Maidstone in Kent applied.

Hello everyone! Someone on Facebook messaged me saying to register here so I thought I'd check it out. Got tickets for the Sunday. Who else is faintly amused by the total outrage of the ticketless Maidstonians? Seems they're all taking it as a huge personal insult.

I think everyone should have gone into entering the ballot with the thought that im not going to be peeved if i dont get tickets but if i do then ill be lucky, nobody should have expected to get given tickets even the locals. They'll be able to listen from their back gardens without having to pay a fiver for a pint!Thats what i do for Glasto!

Exactly! I'd never feel entitled to tickets, even if it were happening on the other side of my fence. This talk of starting fires and blocking off roads with their cars is just silly. I have friends in Maidstone who were in shock when they didn't get tickets.

That said I feel incredibly lucky, I never expected to actually get them. Hope it's good!