Unofficial Mills

Katie Ting Tings - everyone's crush?

Jono

Nine Inch Nails is just Trent Reznor and whoever else he has around him for backing/live stuff.

Sam Duckworth is similar. Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly is him and also a few others who play other instruments, but it's billed as him.

The Kills are a duo also. My housemate thinks Allison Mosshart is really fit.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester duo 'The Ting Tings' are set to hit the Number 1 Singles chart spot this weekend with their catchy tune 'Thats Not My Name'.

The saught after spot is currently occupied by Madonna, who recently headlined Radio 1's Big Weekend.

The duo, comporise of Katie White and Jules De Martino formed in 2006 whilst based at Islington Mill in Salford, Manchester.

Katie White first appeared in girl-group TKO - short for Total Knock Out. The band, consisted of Katie and two friends. TKO supported acts like Steps and Five.

Jules De Martino started out in a teenage band called Babakoto, and released a single called "Just To Get By" in 1987. After Babakoto split up De Martino was singer in an indie rock group "Mojo Pin". Mojo Pin released two singles, "You" in 1995 and "My Imagination" in 1996.

http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/The-Ting-Tings-set-to-Knock-Madonna-off-top-Spot/2459/

I still can't decide if I actually think that song is good or the most mindlessly annoying thing I've ever heard. But I guess I wouldn't object to them being number 1.

And I still can't decide if I dislike that song or the Madonna song more! My boss tipped me off to the Ting Tings back in November or so - didn't like the song then and I don't like it now. At least it's not Rihanna?

Maybe I should watch interviews with them because I think Katie looks mean in photos I've seen and this is part of why I've been developing quite a dislike for the Ting Tings; perhaps she just photographs badly.

ETA: Okay, she's on the chart show now and doesn't sound unpleasant in the least. Still don't like the song, though.