Unofficial Mills

do you believe in love online?

popbitcher

Guest CancerForTheCure

Oooh you go to a private school? The one in Plymouth is not very popular as all the students think they are it. I think it's just jealousy ;)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh you go to a private school? The one in Plymouth is not very popular as all the students think they are it. I think it's just jealousy ;)

I'm there on scholarship. I went to an 18th a few weeks ago, it was an old factory completely done up and the party favours were pearls! So bloody rich. I could never do that. Safari park for my birthday. Oh yes.

Guest CancerForTheCure
I'm there on scholarship. I went to an 18th a few weeks ago, it was an old factory completely done up and the party favours were pearls! So bloody rich. I could never do that. Safari park for my birthday. Oh yes.

Haha not bad :o This girl from my school got a scholarship but she hated the private school so she came back. But some of the private school parties sound pretty good, I must admit... Although I heard that most of the girls sleep with some random boys and don't even know their names until the morning after. Whyyyyy.

Haha not bad :o This girl from my school got a scholarship but she hated the private school so she came back. But some of the private school parties sound pretty good, I must admit... Although I heard that most of the girls sleep with some random boys and don't even know their names until the morning after. Whyyyyy.

Or not at all...

Because they can. It's all retarded, but I deal with it. I know about 3 teen mums (and in a year of 35... that's a lot).

Practically all the guys at my college don't seem to be able to flirt, its bizarre.

:S

That or they are in a relationship. Finding a decent, single bloke seems impossible sometimes.

Same happens with girls. Im probably too fussy anyway!

Im not sure whether these guys try to flirt and fail or just dont try at all. I dont flirt for fear of looking like an idiot. Where I live all the girls tend to go for one particular type of guy, which kinda sucks:cry:

Sorry for going a bit off topic!

Back on topic, I believe it depends. There have been a few cases where love online has resulted in marriage and starting families so there is no reason it cant happen

I went to an all-girls private school from the age of 8 till I turned 13. It was really really bitchy and even at the age of 13 there were some complete sluts in my year.

Then I moved to a school where girls were in a minority, there being 4 girls and 19 boys in my year 9 class. Happy days.

Having said that, 13 year old boys are very immature, but I did make some good friends and while it was still quite bitchy, it was definitely less so. I don't personally believe in gender-segregated schools. It's not natural and people grow up not knowing how to interact with the opposite sex. That is another topic entirely though.

Still, I found it difficult to meet boys at all when I was at a private school, and girls often had fights over the same few boys. It would maybe have been easier had I been able to meet boys through the internet.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure

Having said that, 13 year old boys are very immature, but I did make some good friends and while it was still quite bitchy, it was definitely less so. I don't personally believe in gender-segregated schools. It's not natural and people grow up not knowing how to interact with the opposite sex. That is another topic entirely though.

That's very true. Before the age of 15 I was in a coeducational school, so I found it quite easy to interact with boys. When I joined the girls' school, however, my new friends were unbelievably immature - they talked about Dirty Dancing, had never kissed boys before and asked their mums to say that they were not allowed to go out 'cause they preferred to stay in and watch tv. You should see them now :D I'm quite proud of their transformation :P

Does anyone actually believe in friendship between boys and girls?

Id have gotten nowhere if i didnt believe that. One of my longest friends of 15 years is a boy, hes just like a brother really. In fact, id find it harder to believe in friendship between two girls. Girls never keep the same set of friends through their life, unlike most boys. We get bored too easily of each other.

I find it really difficult to be friends with girls actually. In fact, i believe the only reason im quite good friends with one girl is because we're not that girly.

As for falling in love online. No. Its impossible to truly love someone having never physically been with them. For me, part of liking someone is not only what they say, but how they act and the way they respond to you through body language, and you cant get that over msn can you?

I like to keep online friends and real life friends separate. So no, no matter how much i 'lusted' over someone online, id never meet them.

PS. Oh, and what happened between the Chaos and Danni romance?

How long was I away??????? What romance? Spill!!!!

popbitcher is your "secret love" DC??? ;)

FreakaZoid101 do you really need to use the word "retard" in every single post? :* Just an observation and only cos I really hate that word!

glitzy.jpg

I find it really difficult to be friends with girls actually. In fact, i believe the only reason im quite good friends with one girl is because we're not that girly.

Yeah, I don't have many close female friends. I only have one or two from school, mostly they've ditched me though. I've got lots of sort-of friends at uni who are female. We talk and work together and go on nights out together (although only with the boys as well) but I just don't feel as close to them. Last week for example, a large group of us went bowling, and my team was all boys apart from me, even though most of the people there were girls. I just seem to get on more easily with boys because with girls I never really know what they're thinking. Girls will pretend to be friends with someone then once they've left the room, they'll bitch about them. Boys don't tend to do that, they tend to be more open about whether they like someone or not.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Flirting is EASY! How can they not do it? The main problem with London is not so much finding someone decent but rather finding someone decent who lives vaguely in your area.

I hope you're not trying to steal my future UEA buddies from me. Oh, not such a good idea to use 'buddies', I mean mates!

what i don't get is people saying they are boyfriend and girlfriend without meeting each other, 'i am getting to know someone online' is more along the track. i do know someone who met online though, they are married now and have a baby together now so it proves it can work. even though they lived within 5 miles of each other by chance. it is still a very new way of doing this though.

the point is this. even though you may 'meet' someone online the fact is there is still a lot of hard work for you to do to make it happen. all it really comes down to is being a bit of a shortcut.

on the grid.

Im probably too fussy anyway!

I think thats my problem too. I see plenty of guys in a club but usually cant imagine myself with any of them. Hmm.

I'd prefer to be mates with a guy before I enter into a relationship with them anyway, usually turns out better.

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

But that's mostly how I've met my girlfriends in the past. Find someone I like the look of in a bar or club. Have a chat to them there and if possible try to arrange to meet up somewhere quieter where I can have a proper chat to them to get to know them better. Then take things from there. I don't hit on my existing friends, created too many problems.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Edit - HANG ON! - WHADDYA MEAN "Absolutely not!" - I'm bloody gorgeous me!

Andy B when he manages to leaves his castle (at least according to CM.net or)

It's can be easier talking to people over say MSN, Facebook etc as you have time to actually prepare what you want to say and can edit it if you think it's rubbish.

Danni and chaos whens the wedding as I have a bought a new hat especially :B)

post-585-14532786681_thumb.jpg

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

I think thats my problem too. I see plenty of guys in a club but usually cant imagine myself with any of them. Hmm.

I'd prefer to be mates with a guy before I enter into a relationship with them anyway, usually turns out better.

Yeah Im like that out clubbing, Im usually too drunk which I dont think goes down in the attractive box!

I'm not too sure about the being mates before part though, never really worked for me. I end up with girls that none of my mates know sort of starting in a new area, avoids conflicts aswell.

I also do agree with a couple of other posts that its a lot easier to say things over msn etc