Unofficial Mills

Your guide to Maidstone

Jono

There's Fremlin Walk for shopping which has pretty much any chain store you imagine, there's also the chequers centre for more shopping. There's a leisure centre in mote park which is quite good. There's a big odeon cinema with some restaurants in. Mote park is also worth a look round, there's a pitch and put, miniature railway etc.

• 3 weeks later...
There's Fremlin Walk for shopping which has pretty much any chain store you imagine, there's also the chequers centre for more shopping. There's a leisure centre in mote park which is quite good. There's a big odeon cinema with some restaurants in. Mote park is also worth a look round, there's a pitch and put, miniature railway etc.

I wouldn't say Fremlins Walk has 'any chain store!' It's good but it's not that big, Maidstone isn't too good for shopping. The Mote Park leisure centre is again nothing special and i'm sure Mote Park will be too full of Big Weekend preperations for it to be enjoyed properly!

Maidstone is a nice town but there is little to make it stand out, i would reccomend the museum if your into that sort of thing as entry is free :) The nightlife is also very good, with numerous clubs and pubs in the town centre, so don't limit yourself to just daytime activities folks!