Unofficial Mills

Jeremy Clarkson in four-letter rant to boy

Jono

He's 12 years old! If this is the kind of stick a 12 year old kid gets for taking a photo of one of his idols when he happened to see him, god knows what would happen if he actually did something bad.

You would never dream of doing that to anyone because, erm, youre not a kid whos astonished that hes just seen his hero.

Jeremy Clarkson is this kids idol, it comes with the job. Its nothing to do with respect, what 12 year old boy would want to show off to his class mates who he saw when he was on holiday?

Jeeez.

So if someone took a photo of you while you were asleep on the beach you'd be perfectly fine with it?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the article though. The sensationalist reporting. Yeah, we needed to know he owns every Top Gear DVD and watches every week. Surely everyone knows Jeremy is quite miserable, it doesn't take much to learn that.

So?

He was on a private holiday. It's invasive. He was asleep. The boy should have had better manners. He's 12, not an infant.

Exactly. I think it's the fact that he was asleep that makes it completely understandable. If Jeremy had been awake, and the kid had asked, I'm sure he'd have had no problem with it.

Im not bloody famous.

What difference does it make? Maybe he doesn't consider himself famous. He presents television and writes a newspaper column. Scott doesn't consider himself famous. Should he have to put up with people taking pictures of him asleep? There's a line, and the kids crossed it by not asking. He could have kept a distance and took one, but presumably he went in for a close up.

The guy's on a holiday and trying to get away from it all. It wasn't exactly HMV in London was it.

What difference does it make? Maybe he doesn't consider himself famous. He presents television and writes a newspaper column. Scott doesn't consider himself famous. Should he have to put up with people taking pictures of him asleep? There's a line, and the kids crossed it by not asking. He could have kept a distance and took one, but presumably he went in for a close up.

The guy's on a holiday and trying to get away from it all. It wasn't exactly HMV in London was it.

Stick to the facts.

Its different because he knows hes a recognisable figure. He knows people are gonna want to talk to him and take photos anywhere he goes, especially kids. Its what bloody happens when your face is all over tv and newspapers, and people actually happen to be fans. God only knows why.

Stick to the facts.

And you're going by what the father says? There are no real facts until we get the other side of the story. That's the worst reporting I've read in a while. The guy had pound signs in his eyes when he rang The Mirror about that.

He didn't get the photograph to send to Heat, so he made a story out of it.

Stick to the facts.

Its different because he knows hes a recognisable figure. He knows people are gonna want to talk to him and take photos anywhere he goes, especially kids.

Yes, and he's a teenager. He should learn not to just take photographs of people like that.

It's not about legality, it's about ethics.

Who decided it was about Ethics?

I Like Jeremy but its part of the deal famous people get photographed he needs to get over it and get a grip ranting at a 12 year old is much easier than ranting at a 20 or 30 year old.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Who decided it was about Ethics?

We did. This is the argument. Go running to the newspapers if you like, but there's a flip side. Where do you draw the line? "Oh it's okay to take pictures of celebrities, but mummy, why can't I take a picture of this fat man on the beach here in Cromer?"