Unofficial Mills

David Tennant and Catherine Tate

It was great to hear David Tennant on the show today, and they were obviously all having a really good time together. I can't help feeling however, that David and Catherine were really underused as guests, and the whole thing lacked any depth.

Both of them are interesting people, have plenty to say and are naturally funny, so I don't think it was necessary to do silly quizzes with them and spend ages inviting them to a wedding which of course they won't attend. Whilst I realise this is the style of the show, it seemed a bit of a shame not to make them work slightly harder and find out more about them.

I'm afraid to say I was a little disappointed.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Catherine Tate is good value and I can see where they were coming from with using comedy value in the interview. She was a good laugh year when she was on.

The silly stuff is what makes Scott's guests the most are entertaining, and are what I want to listen back to. Ant and Dec's Golden Shot quiz and Catherine Tate and the old toys last year were good.

You are likely to see a lot of these two in the next few days, so I'm sure it's a breath of fresh air to do something like this. They seemed up for it and it was pretty entertaining. It was perhaps one of the most liveliest points of Scott's show so far today.

What I do find annoying is that they feel the need to break it up with songs. Brief them and prepare everything before the interview because it spoils things breaking away for songs and means less time for them on-air.

You are likely to see a lot of these two in the next few days, so I'm sure it's a breath of fresh air to do something like this.

I'm sure it was, but they are doing all this publicity for us and the for the benefit of Dr Who aren't they?

OK, I'll agree with you on the quiz, it was funny - but it would've been good to hear a little more of David's voice. Personal preference perhaps?

God they all look knackered in the pic.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

OK, I'll agree with you on the quiz, it was funny - but it would've been good to hear a little more of David's voice. Personal preference perhaps?

Can't say I thought there was any unbalance between the guests. I think they were good guests, and always nice to have some callers too.

I really enjoyed it! Obviously, I was always going to, but that's not the point. I thought it was a very good interview, and David on the Hawaii Chair topped it off perfectly.

One thing though - the character is The Doctor, not Doctor Who. Too many people get that wrong, and it narks me a bit.

I think without '?'- if it's his name it's a proper noun, not a question.

I completely understood why David, Catherine and apparently Russell T Davies are p*ssed off at the new scheduling. Dr Who is on BBC1, 6.20 Saturday - up against Harry Hill on ITV.

Thank goodness for repeat viewing. Which will everyone be watching first?