Unofficial Mills

Misheard Lyrics

Lucinda

Have you ever misheard song lyrics and completely misunderstood the song?

I'm generally quite good at working out lyrics but some singers aren't very clear.

I remember when Backfire At The Disco by The Wombats was released first time round, about a year ago, it was less clearly sung than the new version that's out now. Both my friend and I heard the line "my sleazy remark on her whorish dress" as "my sleazy remark on her orange dress" and couldn't understand what was so wrong with her orange dress.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Excellent! I love stuff like this!

If you check out "me and the major" by belle and sebastian you'll find it sounds suspiciously like "me and the midget"!

This of course led me to think on first hearing that it's a tad inappropriate as it appears to have the line..

"me and the midget don't see eye to eye.."

Singing and strumming songs the world over.

YouTube us!! We bet you'll laugh... :)

Just say NO to munters!!

Using the crap Jojo song that's on R1 at the mo... it sounds a little bit as if she's saying "You say you trod on my face" in the chorus. Only just noticed that, haha.

That line played just as I read that post, it does actually.

Reminds me of Fall Out Boy: "this ain't a scene it's a god damn a**e face" - I actually can't hear "arms race" in that song.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

There's also a (dare i be sad enough to say it....) MANDY MOORE song called 'in my pocket'.

But if you have the opportunity to listen to it tell me she doesn't say

"nothing but panties in my pocket"!!

I think she means pennies...

Just say NO to munters!!

Britney's had a lot of drama and hassle over the last year or so but let's throw one more scandal into the pot.

In the first line of toxic is she actually trying to tell us all that she used to be a man?!?!?!?!

"Oh baby can't you see... I'm Colin...."

Cor Blimey!

Just say NO to munters!!

I thought I misheard a line in Estelle's American Boy "Ribena I know what you're drinkin'" but I looked on a lyrics site and it was written as "Ribena" on there.

So I guess top R'n'B stars have given up on Hennessy, and sugary blackcurrant squash is the bling of drinks these days.

UM is a nice place

This is not a song but an ad on the tv at the moment for liquid Persil.

It has 2 welsh children talking and it sounds like one of them says

"concentrated into a small bott hole"

but when I listened again its 'small bottle ' :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually I do own the road

When Zane refers to the group 'Black Kids', it sounds like he's saying 'blackheads'.

Not a song - but best place to bung this post really.

Speaking of Black Kids, is it just me that thinks one of the lines sounds like: "He's got two left feet and he bites my moles?"

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Speaking of Black Kids, is it just me that thinks one of the lines sounds like: "He's got two left feet and he bites my moles?"

Pahahaha. Just heard it. You're right!

Scott also just did an excellent Zippy impersonation.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

A girl I used to know used to think Altered Images 'Happy Birthday' had Clare Grogan singing 'How did Bob die'.

There's a very dodgy Christine Aguilera one which sounds like her requesting a sex act at the end, I'll let you work it out for yourselves.

Madonna with 'young girl with eyes like potatoes' and from the same track 'Drop a goolie I don't need'

Sunday Girl by Blondie 'I know a girl down a lonely street, cold as ice cream with smelly feet'

There's a current track that has something to do with pizzas all over the world but I cant mind it at the moment.

I did just hear newton faulkner singing about having problems believing what his bottom says!!!

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'