Unofficial Mills

Laura to leave Scott Mills show

Jono

Unfortunately from the end of the next month there'll be team changes at Radio 1 towers. Laura is to leave the Scott Mills show after four years working with the Lord.

It's not all bad though, she'll be going off to produce Fearne and Reggie's weekend shows and so it means she'll be getting a promotion. However it does mean she'll no longer be appearing on Scott's show with her random stories nor will you hear her laugh in the background every afternoon.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

However it does mean she'll no longer be appearing on Scott's show with her random stories nor will you hear her laugh in the background every afternoon.

:( That's pretty bad news for the show, Laura was my favourite "character" for the reasons you've just said. Good news for her though, and I hope the promotion works out well for her.

:( it will not be the same without her, the show will miss her terribly !

she is not just a producer she is one of the team, like Moyles has his team.

with out her input, the show will become stale & boring i think, you don't get any input on air from the producers of any other shows except Moyles, it will just end up being Scott on his own with bits & bobs from Chopper.

im not happy :x

:)

Of course, this is good news for Laura, but it's not at all good news for us :(

The show isn't really the same without Laura - I remember one or two times when she's had a day off or something, and it just isn't the same.

I hope they find someone just as good to replace her, even if that's not possible :(

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

They could keep her name on the show, she'd probably still turn up more than Fearne ;)

I hope this means Scott will be doing the chart more. It's not the right job for him (he's too limited on it) but he knows what he's doing, and he makes it a good listen.

I'm i bit gutted that Laura won't be on Scott's show anymore, but congratulations if its a promotion although tbh i don't see her being able to help out Fearne and Reggie both of them are incredibly dull hopefully she won't be bored to tears like their listeners.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Good luck to Laura on her promotion. The Scott Mills show won't be the same without her. I hope they don't replace her with a woman who tries too hard to be funny and quirky.

I hope Laura does something drastic to Fearne and Reggie as I can't listen to the chart anymore now. It's bad enough that Fearne is always on the TV but she's ruined a radio show that I've loved ever since I was in my early teens.

PS did Laura tell you this news herself Jono?

I'm just the Perez Hilton of the Radio 1 world.

Hey Jono do you reckon you could pass on messages to Laura?

Good luck Laura we are all going to miss you.

Love you xxx

Feel free to post your comments here, she'll be reading throughout the week I'm sure.