Unofficial Mills

Festivals 2008

dstrkzn

Guest CancerForTheCure

Yeah of course I'm going for the weekend. When I booked the tickets I was more interested in the acts but now I see that the social aspect is even better. I have joined the group but I haven't looked at it properly yet. Brown campsite it is then :P

Guest CancerForTheCure

Oooh lucky you, booking Reading tickets was one of the most stressful events in my life ;) In the end I just gave up but then they released a new batch at midnight :) I was lucky enough to be on the Reading forum at the time. You don't want the weather to be too good - at Open'er it was 40 degrees. It was impossible to sleep in a tent.

Yeah I imagine it was!! I had to get early entry tickets and that was stressful enough, really felt like chucking the computer out the window!!

Nah temperatures that hot, I should imagine arent the most plesant sleeping conditions, but anything mid 20's with a bit of sun will do me fine. Aslong as it doesnt rain as much as it did before last years festival, or during it... I'm happy :-D

Guest CancerForTheCure

My friend got his ticket off ebay for £200 about two hours before I got mine. He was not happy.

We should have a nice summer this year hopefully, I really don't want it to look like Glastonbury. Ah well if it rains I'm probably just going to drink myself to death... :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Guardian have published the 50 Best Festivals. Here's the Top 25...

1. Latitude

2. Wild in the Country

3. Glastonbury

4. Mayfest

5. Hampton Court Palace Festival

6. Wychwood

7. Althorp Literary Festival

8. Cambridge Folk Festival

9. Britdoc Film Festival

10. Reading/Leeds Festivals

11. Bestival

12. Global Gathering

13. Meltdown

14. Ignite

15. Aldeburgh

16. The Big Chill

17. Womad

18. Theakstons Old Peculier Crime-Writing Festival

19. Buddhafield Festival

20. End of the Road

21. Gatecrasher

22. Wireless Festival

23. Radio 1 Big Weekend

24. St Magnus Festival

25. International Dance Festival

http://independent.net-genie.co.uk/Outdoor_Activity/55303/the_50_best_festivals.html

What do you think of the list?