Unofficial Mills

Festivals 2008

dstrkzn

Radio 1 are announcing the T line-up at 12 it seems, the list is reporting REM, Verve and rage against the machines headlining... Hardly the Killers

But there's rumours of the wombats, hot chip, rev and the makers...

Rumoured - List.co.uk

The list of bands expected to appear so far includes The Verve, Rage Against the Machine, REM, Kings of Leon, Fratellis, Kaiser Chiefs, Stereophonics, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Kooks, Aphex Twin, KT Tunstall, Biffy Clyro, Erol Alkan, Amy Winehouse, The Raconteurs, Primal Scream, Feeder, Counting Crows, The Feeling, DJ Hell, Wombats, Ian Brown, Amy MacDonald, Pigeon Detectives, The Enemy, The Pogues, Justice, The Charlatans, Interpol, Hot Chip, Pendulum, Ben Folds, Slam, Reverend and the Makers, The National, Jack Penate, Alabama 3, Sons and Daughters, Lightspeed Champion, The Courteeners, Band of Horses, Seasick Steve, Ting Tings, The Law, Black Kids, Sergeant and Gabriella Cilm.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Im not too impressed with the headliners either. There are people already camping, im gonna be online at 9 fighting it out for tickets :D I'll actually die if i dont get them.

Eddy Grant! Electric Avenue:D

Good luck! I was going to, but i didnt want to chance it.

People camping out already? :confused:

InTheNews reports:

The line-up for this year's T In The Park festival has been announced.

The Verve, Rage Against the Machine and REM will headline the event, due to take place between July 11th and 13th at Balado in Kinross.

Kings of Leon and the Glastonbury headliners, will also play on the Main Stage on the Sunday.

The Verve will headline the festival on the Friday. Rage Against the Machine the next day and REM on the closing Sunday.

Organisers also announced that Kaiser Chiefs would be playing the NME/Radio 1 stage on the Saturday, as would the Prodigy on the Sunday.

Interpol, Ian Brown, Primal Scream, The Fratellis and The Enemy are some of the other bands confirmed to play at the event in Scotland.

Tickets went on sale at 09:00 GMT this morning and a statement published on the festival's website claims it is already sold out.

"After just one hour this morning, T In The Park 2008, is officially sold out. Thanks to each and every T In The Park fan and we look forward to welcoming you with open arms at Balado in July," the statement said.

Kinross is just up the road from me. I didn't bother to get tickets since I can't stand the wacky student sterotypes that go to T in the Park. Rage Against the Machine may have changed my mind since they are one of my favourite bands of all time.

Oh and for anyone that didn't manage to get tickets, didn't they release a couple thousand more last year a little closer to the time of the festival? If so, they will probably do that again.

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

After all that i didnt get tickets. Suppose i can spend the money better. Rockness anyone? ;) Did u get yours Riz?

I got mine! Whoo! We went at like 7 oclock and our place in the queue was outside the crystal palace (that wont mean much to anyone else bar distrakzion), so were within the first 200 people. Good aswell, meant we could take shifts and pop in an out for a drink and a bit of heat ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest CancerForTheCure
Ive got, hopefully Big weekend, Foo Fighters in June and then Reading festival in August, nothing else planned yet

Wheeeey I'm going to Reading :D Such a good line-up.

I'm also going to see the Pigeon Detectives in May. Chris Moyles says they are good live ;)

Guest CancerForTheCure
Cool, have you been before? If so where abouts do you camp... brown allllll the way!!!

Nah I haven't been before, I went to the Open'er festival which is not as big but quite good. And cheap :D So I'll probably take your advice as I don't know much about where to camp or how to survive :P My friend is coming over from Poland just to go to the festival with me :)

Awww. Well it depends what you like. (I have also made the assumption you are going for the entire weekend) Brown campsite has always been known as the party/mad campsite where people do all kinds of stuff but its a right laugh. They had an orange campsite last year that was supposed to be a carpark, that seemed a bit quieter in comparison. Join the reading facebook group and have a look around :)