• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The following post from aled.info

By S4B to I Reject Reality:

"I think you should go to work rather than out on a jolly, the country is in enough of a bad state without paying people to go to Alton Towers! Get a job, keep taking the tablets and get on with life. I have suffered for years with chronic clinical depression and aggrophobia is part and parcel of it so I'm not just talking out my arse. I am sorry you suffer but getting the country to pay for you to go out to a theme park is just disgusting".

Viv To - I Reject Reality! I think this is a disgusting post to you, I really do!! Alton Towers may seem a bit mad, but it's getting you out and about amongst people. Sooner or later you will be a cool member of Society again, but it'll be in your own time... In the meantime, I hope all your benefits get sorted out!! :-)

Yeah well as much as S4B has a point, Nobody on Aled.info has a clue about my issues. They don't realise that in any kind of stressful situation (which is normally what I'm like when I'm in work) I have panic attacks, not to mention the fact that I don't like my situation, or that the only reason I go to Alton is because it's the only place I find solace, and where I can go out in public and have friends around me, Which is necessary because I can't go out in public alone, and have to have people I know and trust around me (something I wouldn't have in a workplace).

I must say my opinion of S4B has been lowered because of this outburst, but who am I to complain... Also it must be noted that I don't pay to get into AT, I got an Annual Pass for Christmas :P

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Did someone get your details Heather? Did you use it in TK Maxx? I am convinced that is where mine was done!

I lost it. Have found it since but now got to wait for the new one to arrive.

What sucks today is that Camp America officially withdrew my application today as they cannot place me.

Seriously considering not going to Alton on the Bank holiday weekend. This is because A. I won't have anywhere to sleep the Sunday night, and B. because the person I still consider my best friend will be there, and as he seems to hate me, I can't bare the thought of being anywhere near him, in case I get upset which is more than likely...

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Seeing my best mate getting hurt by her girlfriend sucks pretty bad. Every day for over a week she's either text me about it, spoken to me in person or had long phonecalls about how she feels about someone her girlfriend is chosing to be friends with and how its upsetting her. I want to tell her the obvious solution but I just can't bring myself to do it

Not impressed with censorship

I'm a failure. Got the provisional result back for my dissertation. No actual mark, just the degree class it got, so within 10% of the mark. I got a 2.2.

I don't know if it's always been this way but certainly these days anything less than a 2.1 is considered a failure. My coursework marks are much higher but the lecturers have said that it's hard to go up a degree class from the diss mark. Now the boy keeps calling me but I don't want to talk to him because he got a 1st.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I'm a failure. Got the provisional result back for my dissertation. No actual mark, just the degree class it got, so within 10% of the mark. I got a 2.2.

I don't know if it's always been this way but certainly these days anything less than a 2.1 is considered a failure. My coursework marks are much higher but the lecturers have said that it's hard to go up a degree class from the diss mark. Now the boy keeps calling me but I don't want to talk to him because he got a 1st.

No, I'M a failure... revision for my exams is actually killing me at the moment and I'm pretty sure that I'm learning precisely bugger all. It would really help if we had some kind of transition period in between lectures and exams, but as soon as lectures finish in 2 weeks it's straight into exams, so I'm having to battle to revise 12 weeks' worth of notes AND go to lectures at the same time. It would help if I was actually sleeping properly........ This time of year just gets more painful with each passing year, I'll be so glad when I never have to do another exam ever again.

Anyway - considering the amount of difficulty you had actually writing the thing in the first place Cinders, I think you've done pretty well. Try your best to put it out of your mind now and concentrate on doing the best you can in your finals. There's no way in hell I'm going to come out with a 1st for my degree but to be honest I couldn't care less, at this moment in time all I want to do is pass the thing, anything else is a bonus.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

So what sucks is that they didn't actually tell us the mark, just the degree class of the dissertation. So it could be either 52, 55 or 58. As it is worth something like 22% of the whole degree, it's pretty important to know which of those it is.

After wandering aimlessly for a couple of hours (I went to Sainsburys, weirdly enough) I saw a few people in the library who had also got Firsts, bastards. Anyway one of them told me that one of my housemates and another of my friends had also got 2:2s and were not happy about it. After trying to work but failing, I went to my friend's house and we commiserated together.

We did the maths and I worked out that I am pretty sure to get a 2:1 overall as I got 65 average for last year, which is worth 1/3rd of the overall degree, and my average marks this year have been good.

I've got 5 exams to come, which between them are worth the same amount as my dissertation. So I think I'm going to be alright. I'm worried about my housemate though and my other friend as they are likely to be more marginal.

I don't understand why anything less than a 2:1 is seen as a failure, it doesn't mean they put any less effort in. And I'm angry that my dissertation tutor was so completely useless. He doesn't care at all about the students, I've seen so much evidence of that. Some other people got so much help and guidance. I've just come home after avoiding it all day because my housemates (the two boys) are annoying me. Back to work tomorrow, got to ace these exams. It's such a bad time to tell us this and not tell us if it's a high, middle or low 2:2.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I've gone and got myself the beginnings of a niiice sickness bug two days before my last exam! Well done Emma! I'm all shivery, then red hot, then feel as if I'm going to throw up, then I'm okay for a bit, then I'm all cold again, eurghgh.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.