Unofficial Mills

What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

Being at home. I need to get away from here. Somehow I'm going to have to move out this summer. I can't live here full time, I'll go crazy.

Oh, and I've got a funeral to go to next Tuesday, and nothing else to do until 9th April.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aww, sorry to hear that Lucinda. Is it for someone who was close to you?

My complaint is very trivial.....I have a sore stomach

Sore stomachs aren't fun. I hope it feels better soon.

The funeral is for my sister's best friend who died last week in her 20s of a heart condition. Not someone I was close to, I met her a few times, but my sister spent a lot of time with her. Today the curate (vicar type person) from the church where my sister and her friend met came round and talked to my sister and other friends have been round which I think is helping. Also, like me, she has friends online who she can share her feelings with. I still do feel quite responsible, but my parents are only away for another week.

I think the funeral will be quite upsetting, it's one thing to go to the funeral of someone who died after a long illness in their 80s, then it's closure for relatives and friends and a time to remember and reflect, but someone who died suddenly aged about 23 is going to be pretty sad I think because she never got a chance really to fulfill her potential and live her life properly.

not being sure what i'm doing tonight sucks, I think theres a couple of my mates goin out but I dont know if their plans include me or if they're just goin on their own and i dont wanna look like i've invited myself along :|

edit - Can i also add that knowing 1 of those mates is STILL getting screwed around by a girl she likes also sucks, particularly as theres not a great deal either me or our closest friend can do about that

Not impressed with censorship

Everyday I keep hearing about young people who are dying. I keep thinking I'm going to die soon.........sorry I know that sounds a bit mad but it keeps coming into my head. I'm not depressed or upset about it but I do get worried feelings now and again. I have been thinking that I need to show more appreciation to those close to me because I may die soon....or that they might die soon.

I see what you mean, it does put things into perspective, someone dying so young and so suddenly. The day after my sister's best friend died, I had to say goodbye to my best friend when he went home and I didn't really want to say goodbye because I was thinking there's a possibility I might never see him again. It made me think that people worry so much about pointless things. When it comes to it, we could all die at any time, and it's important to remember that because in life we get bogged down by so many concerns that really are quite trivial. I think the most important things are to enjoy the good times and appreciate your friends and family.

With this in mind, I'm not so bothered about earning loads of money and having a hugely successful career, I want a job that I don't hate too much that brings in enough money to do the things I enjoy.

yet another moan about love lifes, altho this it doesnt just suck, i'm utterly devastated........

Was out on the town last night with my 2 best mates, who for convenince i'll call A and K. We were standing outside a club havin a chippie when i got an abusive phonecall from someone who knows my ex saying they hoped i choked on them and was generally quite nasty for no reason. K wasnt happy at this so she took the number and gave them a call, as part of the reason i split up with the ex is because she accused me of cheating on her wtih K which i hadnt done, so they had a slagging match over text up till 4am. i wont go into details about the whole conversation but K got a reply saying if my ex was so bothered about me why did she s**g 2 guys on holiday last year.

This obviously left me feeling absolutely gutted because altho I have no intrest in ever seeing her again, it still hurt to be told that my girlfriend, who i loved very much at the time, had cheated.

Just to add to my misery, K dropped the bombshell that she was not only bisexual but also liked A quite a lot and had pulled her recently. I was extremely gutted because althoug I've never done anything more than hug K it is well known by our friends and past/present colleagues that I like her as more than just friends and she also knows this because I told her a few weeks ago.

I feel extremely hurt because I told A yesterday evening that I would never even think about kissing someone she liked because I put friends first and then obviously i get told in the early hours of this morning she clearly didnt take my feelings into consideration when it came to a girl we both like. I'm also left feeling very awkward because in the last week I've told A that I think i'm actually starting to fall in love with K and been talking about wanting to do whatever I can to get her to like me back in the way i like her.

Problem is though because this involves my 2 best freinds theres noone I can turn to, particularly as the only people who know K is bisexual are myself and A, and I won't break someones confidecne beause thats just now how i go about things

Arghh that sounds like a horribly complicated situation. UM is certainly good for talking about confidential friend situations with people who don't know them.

It must be horrible to find out now that your ex cheated on you, sounds like it's good that you're not with her any more but still a shock. As for your two friends, it's really difficult when you like the same person as one of your friends. Ultimately it sort of relies on knowing how your friend K feels about you and A. It may be that she sees both of you as friends. There's no way you can change someone else's feelings, no matter how strongly you feel about them, if they don't feel the same, it's not worth trying to be more than friends. Personally I think that friends are more important than relationships and it's not worth splitting your group apart over.

I hope things go ok between you and your friends.

What sucks in my life? Things are ok, but I'm having to use my old laptop at the moment because my newer one (2 years old now) isn't working, it keeps freezing up completely. I'm trying to fix it.

As for your two friends, it's really difficult when you like the same person as one of your friends. Ultimately it sort of relies on knowing how your friend K feels about you and A. It may be that she sees both of you as friends. There's no way you can change someone else's feelings, no matter how strongly you feel about them, if they don't feel the same, it's not worth trying to be more than friends. Personally I think that friends are more important than relationships and it's not worth splitting your group apart over.

I hope things go ok between you and your friends.

Thanks Lucinda, I've had a chat with A on the phone earlier and she said she was really sorry. It seems it all started last Sunday night when we were in a club, they were in the toilets having a talk about another girl A liked and they ended up kissing.

K didnt want A to tell me because I think she wanted to tell me herself but she couldnt find the right moment. Even last night we were sittin outside her work and I was talking about how I found it strange that she had gone from being someone i liked a little when i first met her to being the only girl i was interested in. A told me she couldnt tell me then becase she knew how upset I would be about it but she felt really really bad about it. However we had a chat, straightened things out and she reassured me that I wouldnt get left out by the pair of them because I told her I was really scared that I would lose both of them.

I'm heading up to K's house once she's had her lunch and we're gonna go for a drive because I've told her I want to talk to her about things concernin all 3 of us that are in my head, and after having spoken to A about it, we think its best for the 3 of us if we don't have any secrets between us at all from now on cos thats just how people end up getting hurt, as the 3 of us have experienced on a previous night out not too long ago.

Just so you know, I wasn't trying to change K's feelings towards me, I was trying to find out what she liked in a guy so that I could do my best to become that guy, so in a way I was trying to change myself. Not a good idea many of you will say, but it just shows how much the girl means to me.

I better end this novel now, but I'll let you know how it goes when I get everything off my chest with K

Just so you know, I wasn't trying to change K's feelings towards me, I was trying to find out what she liked in a guy so that I could do my best to become that guy, so in a way I was trying to change myself. Not a good idea many of you will say, but it just shows how much the girl means to me.

I better end this novel now, but I'll let you know how it goes when I get everything off my chest with K

Yeah these things often come out when people have been drinking. Alcohol loosens the tongue and also makes people act more impulsively. It's good that you're all talking about it now.

I'm not sure how much you can change yourself to be what she goes for. I have fallen for my friends really strongly quite a few times. Generally though it's not possible to quantify what distinguishes someone you fancy from someone who you just see as a friend and it's difficult to change your view. It may work but make sure you don't put unnecessary pressure on her because that can make being close friends difficult, if you are concentrating too much on getting her to feel the same way you do. Still, you never know if you don't try.

I've had to give up on that now, I'm 99% certain that they're gonna see how things work out between the 2 of them, although A wasnt sure if they're seeing eachother or not and K told me last week that she didnt think she was ready for someone else after a particularly bad experience with her last boyfriend. I'll hopefully find out after I've had a chat with her.

As well as that I couldnt livewith myself if I'd been the reason the pair of them split up. On one hand I couldnt feel any more depressed right now, but on the other hand I should be happy for them, particularly K. I shoud also be careful not to get ahead of myself till I know from them whats going on, seein as neither of them seem to know if theres something going on between them

:(. Another girl who used to bully me has handed in an application form to Spar. This is the one that actually made the hate website about me. I know she won't get the job as my manager won't allow it seeing as what she's done, but nonetheless it really makes me curious as to how her mind works.

Why the heck did she even bother handing it in when she knows I work there and she knows my mum (who is an assistant manager) works there? When my mum comes home and a form's been handed in that day, she says to me: "Oh, what's so-and-so like? They handed a form in", and if I say they're decent, my mum will tell Paul (the manager) and they may get an interview, if not, their application goes through the shredder. Like I'm going to say, "Oh yeah, that Hannah Walsh, she's a right nice girl, you should employ her!" Like I'm going to stay quiet when she hands her form in - no fecking way!

The above probably doesn't make sense - I just can't quite put into words how baffled people like that make me.

It doesn't sound like too big a deal, I know, but I just don't want someone who was responsible for my darkest days* to consider they could ever work there alongside me while I'm there.

*how emo of me!

[/rant]

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I'm behind everything the lovely Kirsty said above. Mind you, I'm not sure it's such a good idea to post this person's full name on here?

I'll also come over and 'poke her in the snoot' (PG Wodehouse ref, think it means to thump very ineffectually) too if needs be.:x

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.