Unofficial Mills

What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

Sick of this freezing weather. Checked the weather forecasts for the rest of the week, and the temperatures will NOT improve.

The Island of Arran, across from Ayrshire, has been without power for FOUR days now. Apparently, rather than cars and holidaymakers, the boats across to the Island have been filled with generators to try and get some power for the local residents. Shocking.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Island of Arran, across from Ayrshire, has been without power for FOUR days now. Apparently, rather than cars and holidaymakers, the boats across to the Island have been filled with generators to try and get some power for the local residents. Shocking.

This actually came as a huge comfort to me, the aunt that I mentioned further up the page lives on that backward little island. The power cuts resulted in no internet and thus she was unable to pester me by either taking issue with anything I had written, or annoy me with her seemingly endless postings about how she hates the government and anything to do with them.

Not impressed with censorship

Backward? BACKWARD !!!?? That Island is the jewel in our crown in Ayrshire. Remote though.

Never realised your aunt lived there. Mostly golden oldies that live on that Island. Retired folks mostly. I think they bar the "yoof". :hahaha:

Was having "issues" with the moby again - I have now changed my password online and this seems to have resolved the problem. Technology is so often more of a problem than a solution to anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Backward? BACKWARD !!!?? That Island is the jewel in our crown in Ayrshire. Remote though.

I have been there enough times to know the place, and I stand by my original statement. I make no secret of being a city type, the countryside as far as I am concerned is that nasty place you've gotta go through to get from civilised area to civilised area. The reason a lot of country roads are national speed limit is because it means you can get through it quicker ;)

What is the national speed limit?? Well, if it is too fast, it really isn't good enough - the last folk I encountered on a country road who passed me + the bike were later to be seen upside down in a nearby field.

They were OK thankfully.

On another note: the skanky rain means I cannot get out on ma bike, so have to go swimming (yet again). Also had a BIG argument with mum who says I blame her for everything. Not a very good day today.

What is the national speed limit?? Well, if it is too fast, it really isn't good enough - the last folk I encountered on a country road who passed me + the bike were later to be seen upside down in a nearby field.

I'd have written it here, but I think going to this page would just make it a lot easier to understand https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Its interesting you say that if it is too fast its not good enough, unfortunatey I have experience that even a low speed accident can still be rather nasty.

Thanx. Very interesting. I still say the guys in the car which passed me were around 100 mph.

I don't think they were too pleased with me when I passed. They had got out of the upsidedown vehicle after smashing through a fence into a field with horses, staggered onto the road..... I was passing on ma bike, and I said (as you do)... "Are you alright?"

As I was leaving, I heard one say.... "Does it look like everything's alright?!?!" ......

I passed again about an hour later only to find them being hauled away by a tractor !! :hahaha:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a meeting with an annoying cow. Arrived early (hoping to get away early) - it worked, but she wasn't happy about it.

Discussed a lot of crap and basically she was no help whatsoever, and kept yawning like a loon. Jesus, when someone comes to a meeting at least try and look awake.

Haha, is this thread still going on? Haven't been on UM for ages!

I'm procrastinating revision now, so basically what sucks in my life:EXAAAAAAMS. I have done 16 so far, got another 5 left! ;)

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

My team at work got hauled into a meeting today and were told if some of us didn't volunteer to swap teams or help test out the new system we would get picked. Which would mean no longer finishing at 5.30pm the latest & weekends off which is ideal for having a horse.

Gah I hate that place but have been applying for jobs again now after sprucing up my CV. Fingers crossed.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

• 2 weeks later...

1. My IT training starts NEXT Monday now. The "supervisor" mucked up the training dates, so I was all set for last Monday, only to find myself on my arse.

2. I approached a "careers type" place to get my C.V. re-done.... (to help with applying for another job) - looked nice and neat, then I realised the person hadn't even spelled my OWN NAME correctly. I mean, WHY would you employ someone who appears not even to be able to spell their own name?!? - have corrected this now.

3. My neighbour I had a brief "liaison" with appears to have moved his girlfriend into the building where I live ... she doesn't appear to be leaving the house, which is ODD?!? (except to randomly tell people off for making noise).

She also has what appears to a "pot plant" next to the front screen of her car with a yellow flower bouncing up and down randomly?!

4. Another neighbour died, and the windows are covered in white "stuff" of some kind..... the house next door is also vacant, yet the landlord has just left everybody to gaze into that property?!!??

Other than the above, I am fine. :-)

Our cat had to be put to sleep on Tuesday.

I'm sick of the general public thinking I'm being unreasonable at work, and I'm also sick of the general public taking the piss and holding me up through their selfish behaviour.

I'm currently on day 5 of a 12 day stretch.

I should be going to the gym but I just don't have the drive this week.

Sorry to her about your cat :( it's horrid when that happens.

People are being moved around at work again, losing 3 people off the team, 1 of whom I sit next to and is a laugh. Lots of changes happening and morale in the whole place is at an all time low. So many people looking for a new job, going to make it harder to find one!

Yea, he was stuck in a vicious cycle and went downhill rapidly.

His teeth were bothering him so the vet was going to pull the problem ones, but then it was discovered he had kidney failure and the vet wouldn't put him under because he simply wouldnt come round afterwards. He gave us medication to try and help treat it but that had to be taken with food and he wasnt eating because he couldn't so he was simply wasting away. I took him there on Tuesday for the final time but I got to the house and simply put him in his basket and left. I felt bad doing it that way but I didnt want to hang about and delay the inevitable. When I saw him on Monday though he was unsteady and having to almost drag his back half around.

We could have kept him alive longer but he would have simply wasted away and it would have been humiliating for him the worse he got, we wanted him to die with as much dignity as possible. Even though me and my brother had moved out he was still considered a family pet, I don't know how bad it must have been for Mum and Dad this last few days because he was the only one of "their boys" who was still there.

Our cat had to be put to sleep on Tuesday.

I'm sick of the general public thinking I'm being unreasonable at work, and I'm also sick of the general public taking the piss and holding me up through their selfish behaviour.

I'm currently on day 5 of a 12 day stretch.

I should be going to the gym but I just don't have the drive this week.

Soz about your cat.

The only drive you will have this week will be a bus, then. :hahaha:

I can see where you are coming from with the public. On Thursday when I was on an afternoon out, the following happened:-

1. Two druggies get on Board.

2. Female tells the driver she had handed him £10.00 - driver tells her she put the £10.00 back into her purse.

3. Row promptly kicks off - driver tells female she will have to call the depot for the tape of her handing the money to him to be released (I NEVER realised people are actually filmed handing money to a driver - WOW).

4. She declares she has £80.00 in her handbag, so why would she be trying to con him?!!

5. Driver insists she pays again - she winds up doing so.

6. She then says to the driver - "Did you say something about how I look?!"

7. Driver denies this. Passengers are beginning to get really pissed off.

8. She goes to join her boyfriend and screams at him: "SIT UP AND LOOK AS THOUGH YOU CARE !!!!" 9. Eventually they reach their destination (thank God) - she, however, has left the bag behind her on the bus - so I guess she will now have to go to a depot?!!

All these problems with just the ONE passenger.

Well the passengers who had offended me in particular were all relatively minor things, although one really pissed me off, it was just because they'd all happened in the space of 2 or 3 days it really wound me up.

First one, stupid old woman doesn't grasp the idea of a "set down" point, ie you drop off but don't pick up. I'd nipped into a pub at a terminus to use the toilet before setting off again, and when I came out she was standing at it wanting on. I politely explained she'd need to cross to the stop to board and that I couldn't pick her up, a journey of 15 meters, while I went around the roundabout. Then she wants to know what is wrong with where we already are, and again I explain that we don't pick up there. She then walks off in the direction of houses, presumable in a huff with me.

Second one, I'm at a hospital at a terminus and an old woman wouldn't wait till I had gone to the toilet before boarding. It was a nice day and in the middle of the afternoon but she still wanted to know why she couldn't "just come on". I couldn't be bothered arguing with her but when I returned I was stomping about and slamming doors to make it exceptionally clear to her I was not amused one little bit by her impatience. Had it been wet or at night yes I'd see she had a point, but I don't like having people on board if I'm not on board or in the immediate area.

Thirdly, the main one. I'm just about to pull away when I see someone running up the middle of the road to get me. He wasn't far, and he was sprinting so being the (generally) nice driver that I am I waited a few seconds for him. He gets on board but starts hanging about the doorway, so I ask what the hold up is, then he asks me to wait on someone who is just coming. I ask where they are and he points at someone who is a good 3 possibly even 4 bus lenghts away just casually strolling up to the stop. I tell him she'll need to get a move on, he shouts out at her to run but the whole time blocks me from being able to shut the doors and drive off, which frankly is what I was going to do because he had pissed me off so much. All in all I think I lost about 2 or 3 minutes with all this carry on. That might not sound like a long time, but when its the middle of the afternoon time isn't always easy to gain back and there comes a point that you can be so late that you just know its only going to get worse.

2. Female tells the driver she had handed him £10.00 - driver tells her she put the £10.00 back into her purse.

3. Row promptly kicks off - driver tells female she will have to call the depot for the tape of her handing the money to him to be released (I NEVER realised people are actually filmed handing money to a driver - WOW).

I think this filming thing is a security measure, our dedicated airport buses have an addidional camera in the cab and I'm positive its because those are the ones that give change and the rest don't. It works for at least 3 areas that I can think of. Firstly it can help to combat/prove theft on the drivers part. Secondly it can be used in circumstances like Little Miss Jakey to show whether they are infact at it when they claim they've given the driver something they haven't. Thirdly, because the driver has access to cash they could find themselves being robbed and the more cameras you have in different positions the greater the chance of the theif being identified.

I've actually got a shot at the airport run in the last few weeks, I quite enjoy it although the paperwork and extra responsibility involved in cash handling is something that makes me glad I'm only making guest appearances on it when they want to add a touch of glamour to the route ;)

• 1 month later...

People in work are annoying me, new people. One person has to end every sentence with, 'Do you know what I mean?' I feel like saying no I don't know what you mean explain further to see what she would do. Another one is a guy who keeps cracking his bloody knuckles, wrists and elbows. When he's not doing that he's tapping on the sodding desk. Now I have told him to stop it or bugger off away from me but he kee[s doing it and sitting near me. Going to punch him soon.

Annoyed just by the thought of going into work with this.