What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am surprised your work WOULD be busy?! At this time of year most places are really starting to wind down.

Primark most certainly aren't winding down, we're not allowed any holidays at all in November and December. All I get is Christmas Day and the bank holidays off. :(

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

We're not allowed any holidays at all in November and December. All I get is Christmas Day and the bank holidays off. :(

Thats normal for retail though as its the busiest period. I remember in my Matalan days the rules were no holidays from the middle of November till the beginning of January, and they weren't keen on authorising time off at the start of the Summer sale either.

Well most companies are buying gift vouchers for their employees now as a Christmas bonus. Although I've no idea why they all want M&S ones

Its cheaper for them to do it that way. They sure as hell won't be buying them at face value and will have struck a pretty good deal with M&S. In their eyes its a winner for them both; M&S get business and the other company doesn't have to part with huge sums of money in the process of giving their staff something at xmas.

My work simply gives staff a free lunch voucher. I know though that quite a few drivers have either handed them back or won't be using them in protest at us being given something which amounts to £3.50 while the bosses upstairs are apparently getting bonuses considerably more substancial than that. I say "apparently" because I'm always wary of the papers making more out of something just to make a story out of it.

Not impressed with censorship

Lesson one: Never work in retail.

Add in the factor that they get the joys of listening to xmas music a lot earlier than they would like and stuff arrives in the shops exceptionally early (Shatalan's record was our first xmas box in the stockroom early September one year) while the staff are still expected to remain happy and cheery about the whole thing for the duration. Its not all bad though, its an opportunity for those who want overtime to clock up a few more hours

I am fucking furious. I have just found out via my MP's assistant that my landlord can continue to operate in the same manner from the New Year. The very fact there WAS a fire caused by the last tenant is being denied. Even DESPITE this going into newspapers.

He + others have to act "in a more sensitive manner towards other residents" in future.

Seriously, this is beyond a fucking joke. I now have to think about what to fucking do next.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Actually ..... if you needed anything, you would pretty much have to shop in your own shop as well, due to lack of time !!

Well most people still generally work 5 in 7 so there are a couple of days they can go to do any shopping they need to. Personally I try and do my shopping on my breaks when I'm at work or on my way to/from the house to save me the bother of going in again on my day off.

Seriously, this is beyond a fucking joke. I now have to think about what to fucking do next.

Just look for somewhere else which isn't owned by that particular landlord then you should be free of any dangers you feel you're currently in surely?

Just look for somewhere else which isn't owned by that particular landlord then you should be free of any dangers you feel you're currently in surely?

Right. Get this.

Yes. I shall be moving in 2013. I shall be on a MISSION in 2013 to find alternative accommodation.

However, this still leaves this landlord free to rock on distressing other residents and putting young kids into danger. NOT. ON.

So, after sitting fizzing for a while yesterday, I managed to get to see a member of the SNP, who has given me addresses of important people I must right to with key points (more time now to be taken up over Xmas to deal with this). Seems also, despite having received a negative reply from my Labour MP, I am STILL entitled to insist they put more pressure onto the Landlord to review allocation policies. Am told the MP won't like it, but I am still entitled to do so.

Come early 2013, I am going right back after this f* landlord, and NOBODY is gonna stop me.

, but you really will be creating unnecessary hassle for yourself.

I wasn't asking you to argue. Actually, I would AGREE with the above post. However, if, at a later stage, this goes back into the press because there is some serious incident in which people are killed, I would NEVER forgive myself for having never taken the opportunity to try again to sort the problem when I HAVE addresses to write to, and could have stated something (anything better than doing just nothing). Plus, in the case of some serious incident, all EVIDENCE of attempts to try to resolve this situation are in black and white, and will NEVER be denied by this landlord or anyone else.

Anyhow, I have got the email addresses this morning of important local councillors, now I gotta get this letter drafted over Xmas with the key points, and get it fired off in the New Year.

Then, all Hell may break loose, but what the Hell, bring it f* on.

• 3 weeks later...

Only now starting to feel 100% after picking up the winter vomit bug / Norovirus last week. Thursday evening/night was spent in the bathroom, Friday I had very little energy and was feeling very unsteady when I went for a walk down my street and Saturday/Sunday were general aches and pains.

Had to take a couple days off work, definitely not like me at all. Hopefully now seen the back of it.

So went to the dentist on Monday to have my tooth looked at, he took some of the filling out and said try that but it could be a bit tender as most likely now bruised. Tender?! TENDER?!?!?!?! It's killing me again!!! I need morphine :cry:

Mum called NHS direct and they said to get to a dentist within 24 hours again. Another bloody day off of work. The only thing now is to have the tooth removed as it's a wisdom one :(

They will be knocking me out for that one I tell you!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Wisdom tooth removal should be done when you are unconscious. I had mine removed in hospital. You are only in for one night, so it's actually not bad @ all. They tell you to make sure your mouth is covered, so it can be a bit ridiculous if it is the summer, and you wind up walking around with a scarf around your face (this happened to me :hahaha:).

In other news, our "landlord" situation still rattles on. Was supposed to have a meeting with a neighbour, then he informs me he is off to Aberdeen?!?! (he must have known that), resulting in a BIG text row at 0600 hours. I eventually told him... if he wants anything else done, he can do it himself.

That's the thing in this situation... I've had the hassle all along (you were right, cxx666). Aaaaahhhh.