What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard lard. Some people may be on JSA, and doing what they can with spare cash.

And I shan't be going to the Bank for change for this particular bus service either. If I go on with a fiver, the fare is £3.40, so change = £1.60.

Or people generally pay for the bus with all the spare change they have, which is what most people, including myself do.

Can I just clarify I'm not referring to those who come on with 10s, 20s etc. I'm talking about the ones who come on with almost all of it in 1s and 2s. I think a fair amount of those people are at it as they know that not only can I not count it properly once its inside the hopper, but also that I don't have time to because there is a timetable to attempt to keep to (albeit in Edinburgh at the moment thats easier said than done). I actually know someone who waited and counted it all, the person wanted a day ticket but didnt even put in enough for a single. So am I paranoid? I think not.

Viv I hate to break this to you but if everyone takes your attitude that its not much to expect change, in your case wanting £1.60 back from a fiver, is it any wonder that sometimes the driver wouldn't have change? It really isn't too unreasonable to suggest going into a bank next time you're near one to ensure you have change. Although I don't have to pay to use the bus, I personally hate not having change in my pocket incase its needed for any number of reasons.

Not impressed with censorship

? It really isn't too unreasonable to suggest going into a bank next time you're near one to ensure you have change. Although I don't have to pay to use the bus, I personally hate not having change in my pocket incase its needed for any number of reasons.

No. I am sorry. I, like many people, are working to a budget. Also, I am busy with a lot of things on my mind, between trying to change job (STILL) and trying to move home (STILL)... among the last things on my mind are some poxy drivers on a power trip, who cannot give me a simple one pound and sixty pence. Applies to trains and buses AND undergrounds. Please have sufficient change for your passengers, or you are not a public service.

The coins I do keep are for a Saturday (my emergency money for the woods) - I cannot possibly be thinking of coins + bus services + everything else, just to please someone else.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Just heard some really loud explosions. I thought a bomb was going off or the petrol station near me was going up... now why would I hear such things, I hear you ask?

Well on this occasion, it was a FIREWORKS DISPLAY... On a weeknight, not even a f***ing Bank Holiday, and at TEN THIRTY AT NIGHT, and in a city centre.

I mean really, what the actual flying f***???? Who thought THAT was a good idea? Some of us need to be up at 5am and this has now disrupted my attempts to get a little shut-eye.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Can I just clarify I'm not referring to those who come on with 10s, 20s etc. I'm talking about the ones who come on with almost all of it in 1s and 2s. QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I meant. A lot of people do that with the 1s and 2s. It's just getting rid of little moneys, but it must get annoying.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

I think a lot of people are unaware that there are actually limits on what someone has to accept in 1s and 2s. 1p and 2p coins are legal tender only if you are paying for something costing 20p or less: once you have amassed 21 or more 1p pieces, your coins contravene the Coinage Act 1971 if used in a single transaction.

While I'm not about to have a go at someone for putting in more than 20p worth of coppers, and a certain someone will no doubt say it doesnt matter and they aren't interested in the limit anyways, it does go to show that people aren't necessarily being unreasonable when complaining about someone giving them loads of loose change.

We should pass one on bus drivers who think they own the bus.

Viv may I remind you that the driver is the one in charge? You might not want to accept this, but the job is stressful, particularly when it involves city center driving and we are only human. We are allowed to have off days and sometimes.

Viv may I remind you that the driver is the one in charge? You might not want to accept this, but the job is stressful, particularly when it involves city center driving and we are only human. We are allowed to have off days and sometimes.

I think Viv thinks only HER job can ever be stressful...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

A plane to skim over the horizon?!

Your posts are becoming increasingly silly. You are now just arguing for the sake of it, particularly when it comes to people putting across reasonable points in relation to what you say.