What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good enough idea in principle, but then why should us passengers have to buy things from shops, just especially to have change!! :hahaha:

Nobody says you have to do that, you could always just go to the bank and get change once in a while ;)

I didn't know you were a bus driver cxx. I don't use the bus much.

To look at me you wouldn't think it. When I've been in casual clothes and putting my staff pass on the machine, I've had a couple of strange looks from the other driver.

Not impressed with censorship

Nobody says you have to do that, you could always just go to the bank and get change once in a while ;)

I suspect any of her change goes down the penny arcades... Would any driver really want a fare paid entirely in dominations no larger than 5p? :P

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

You'd be surprised how many people pay in large amounts of shitty change actually.

Yeah, I get that on the tills at Primark as well. I had someone paying for something that cost about £12 in 50, 20 and 10p pieces a few days ago, it took bloody ages to count it all. Don't you just love the general public...

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I don't bother counting it, if it looks right thats all I'm interested in. The difference between us though is that I can't be held accountable for a vault being short as there could be many different people driving that day, and there is a good chance there will be vaults that are over so they balance eachother out.

I so nearly got into an argument with a gobby waste of space yesterday over a ticket. She gets on clearly dressed for a night out and claims shes lost her child day ticket (she is clearly underage so I wasn't disputing the child element). I say no fare no travel etc etc but she is adamant she isn't getting off so in the end I told her to go sit down but refused point blank to give a replacement ticket (only let her on cos I knew if I radioed up for assistance regarding a child I'd be told just to let her on to avoid hassle) but she really angered me so not only did I tell my relief not to give her a replacement under any circumstances, but I also went and told another driver at the hospital not to do so either after I spotted her up there a short while later.

Not impressed with censorship

You'd be surprised how many people pay in large amounts of shitty change actually.

Hard lard. Some people may be on JSA, and doing what they can with spare cash.

And I shan't be going to the Bank for change for this particular bus service either. If I go on with a fiver, the fare is £3.40, so change = £1.60. If you can't come up with that much without making some comment, or slamming change onto the counter, you should not be dealing with the public.

And should you look a bit like an ape (IMO) whilst operating a bus. This is scary, and that is a female as well. Are there no rules that say your hair should maybe be smoothed down a bit, and not scare unassuming passengers.... :-(

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Speaking of buses, I got lost on one again last week. Ended up in the middle of a massive, not entire nice estate, got asked if I had any smokes by someone who was high or off his head, then had to sit in the bus stop for half an hour. Fun times.

Sad thing is, it's not the first time that's happened either.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

Hard lard. Some people may be on JSA, and doing what they can with spare cash.

Or people generally pay for the bus with all the spare change they have, which is what most people, including myself do.

There's no need to be so rude about it.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

Yeah doing their job is a REAL power trip... asking that you pay to use their service to get somewhere... HOW VERY DARE THEY!!!!???

I do wish you'd just check your facts once in a while. Like ANY job there will be the pathetic anal little jobsworths, but they are very much a minority (if anything, on the trains I work, most of the train managers let quite a few slide by not checking tickets at certain times if it's THAT busy).

Grow up...

I don't GENERALISE, I talk about what is very much a minority of individuals, not customers as a whole (shame you can't tell this when I make it SO clear), unless it's a LACK of passengers. Also the people I complain about aren't just doing their job like the poor schmucks who have to put up with YOU. Continue to fail.